E-stand GD Artillery grouping...Tunic and Greatcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post

Why is the set on a dealer website in what appears to be Western Europe and is for sale by a member that is indicating he is in Australia?

Macca you said you are selling the set for a friend? Are you selling the tunic for GD/LW and that also is his website?
    I believe the dealer site in the link belongs to WAF member Marc b as he lists items from the site on the E-Stand.

Comment

Okay so that is answered. All that remains would be detail images if the seller wants to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
        how did the group become from untouched and blessed from high end collectors in 2008 to a remounted in only 2 years?
        That's what I also would like to know! It can't be changed from excellent to very bad, can it?

Günther

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          Okay so that is answered. All that remains would be detail images if the seller wants to do this.
          Not quite, how come Macca was selling it off the e-stand and who is this mysterious friend and why was the known owner, who was never going to sell it expelled from the forum? Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by RAF1944 View Post
            That's what I also would like to know! It can't be changed from excellent to very bad, can it?

Günther
            A lot of us did not respond either. When someone says something is direct from the family things get ugly fast because contestings its originality is saying they or the family are lying. Form is to not question it and assume enigmas are okay because it was "straight from the family".

GD/LW broadcast to all dealers he was looking for high end GD items and it was obvious that he had finances to back it up. What do you think would happen in that situation? This does not mean it is not real but IMO it warrants closer inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
              how did the group become from untouched and blessed from high end collectors in 2008 to a remounted in only 2 years?
              I have no idea what the experience level of those members are and I can't answer why they responded as they did.

I remember the original thread. At the time it wasn't for sale and the owner was happy with it. I don't comment on every thread, however, when a piece comes on the market and I see problems I am going to speak up, as I did in this case.
              AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Originally posted by GD/LW View Post
                Thanks Michael. I'm really sorry but I'm a GD collector myself and the chance that it ever turns up for sale is practically 0%
                GD/LW comment from the 2008 thread. Kind of funny, isn´t it

Comment

Originally posted by JG 51 View Post
                  GD/LW comment from the 2008 thread. Kind of funny, isn´t it
                  Why would that be funny? There is always a possibility that he needs the cash, sells his collection, no?

Günther

Comment

Originally posted by PD Sergeant View Post
                    I have no idea what the experience level of those members are and I can't answer why they responded as they did.

I remember the original thread. At the time it wasn't for sale and the owner was happy with it. I don't comment on every thread, however, when a piece comes on the market and I see problems I am going to speak up, as I did in this case.
                    But as I said before, is the fact for selling it is a reason for it not to be original? From what I heard he is selling more GD things. Even Macca says so.

Günther

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                      Not quite, how come Macca was selling it off the e-stand and who is this mysterious friend and why was the known owner, who was never going to sell it expelled from the forum? Jacques
                      Yes, why was he expelled?

Günther

Comment

As tantalizing as it may seem to try to link this with any behavior that resulted in the expulsion of GD/LW, I really wouldn't try to over-analyze it. There could be any number of reasons and it is not the policy of forum moderators to comment on those details.

Regarding the earlier thread: other members commented than those who responded negatively here. Not that unusual for different people to see things differently...especially on high-end items.

Paul

Comment

Why is that Don?

Günther
                          Everybody just assumed it was legit - no one save for 1Corps called the question on the well-worn boards compared to the rest of an "unworn" tunic. I will admit that people often don't want to be the bearers of bad news, and to be honest, the set was being "shown" by its former owner "who was not going to be putting it up for sale", not being presented for discussion.

Don
                          Last edited by DonC; 01-23-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

But as I said before, is the fact for selling it is a reason for it not to be original? From what I heard he is selling more GD things. Even Macca says so.

Günther
                            Günther, I felt there were problems with the tunic when he first posted it on the forum. He was happy with the tunic and it was not for sale, so I didn't comment on it at the time. I had the impression, as apparently did Don, that it was being "shown", not "presented for discussion". I try not to give my opinion when my opinion is not asked for.
                            AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

For everyone here

Well yes as I stated I commited a "Cardinal Sin" and offered to sell it for a friend "GD/LW" so please shoot me.

To answer some questions;

Johnny R and others: I offered to help a friend out as I'm currently buying one of his Pzr items. It resides in HIS collection at present. Also it is on Marc B's site as he has made it know he is selling his TR collection and a Dealer offered to put it on his site.... why the Price difference.... Commision put on by the dealer......

Jan is selling off ALL his TR stuff. This is his RIGHT as owner of said items and his reasons are his own.....want to know why then ASK HIM!

Derka: is it being sold with full refund policy....YES! Not happy with it the by all means send it back!

ALL: for more detailed pics then look below.

Mark
                              Attached Files

Comment

Updated pics 02

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X