This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seyffardt View Post
    Please don't try to turn the things the other way. Ok, my English is not very good, but I did already explain it didn’t I? I try too explain it again in a different way.

I have no problem if people like to find out if something is fake if:

1A) It’s someone offered it for sale? (Don’t put the cart before the horse because it isn’t the right way to inform yourself, but probably (hypothesis) you didn’t want to bring the uniform under the intention of the big public when it was still for sale! No it is sold too someone else it doesn’t bother anymore!)
    1B) It’s their own property?
    1C) It’s a public item (museum items etc)?
    1D) You have prior permission from the owner?

But the problem is:

2A) The uniform is not for sale!
    2B) It’s not in your own collection!
    2C) It’s in a private collection!
    2D) You never ask for permission and are still going on!

Do we know understand each other? In general I hope this is somthing we all will respect in future!
    But i have a question. Are you the new owner and did you buy it on EBAY? Because you only write you buy it in germany?!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
      Yes I understand, I understand that this uniform set WAS up for public auction on Ebay and has every right to be posted here for public opinion.

It does not matter that you won it on Ebay and that you now own it,and that you don't like some of the comments posted here.

I won't go back and forth with you on this issue.

Glenn
      It’s easy to ignore the remark about the “detail pictures” used on page 3. They never were made public and are property of the seller! In fact the seller has give me the copy rights on them, so why are they visible here?!
      But everyone used only the parts they can use for their own explanation.

Don’t take me wrong, I simply not out for your opinion about this, because this is the standard procedure! I’m already amazed that my text is still not edited after the first one!

Comment

It’s easy to ignore the remark about the “detail pictures” used on page 3. They never were made public and are property of the seller! In fact the seller has give me the copy rights on them, so why are they visible here?!

Don’t take me wrong, I simply not out for your opinion about this, because this is the standard procedure! I’m already amazed that my text is still not edited after the first one!

I don't care about the "detail" photos,they are of the same item that was for sale in a public Ebay auction.

If you do not like the way things are run around here, then may I suggest that you go elsewhere.

Thank you,

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Can you only answer on a normal way a question? Are you the new owner and did you buy it on EBAY? Its so easy.

Comment

I’ve already told I’m the new owner. And the other question I simply not going to answer because it doesn’t matter. It’s nobody’s business anyway. Isn’t it?

But please, I think you understand that this is not the most honorable way to learn more about generals uniforms, there are plenty of such uniforms by dealers or used in books. But this is my private investment which reputation is (I hope unconscious) damaged by opinions based on bad info and a lack of knowledge. I respect that you are still learning but never clam the truth in that case. Even for good uniforms it brings only bad things.

Because it is my uniform, I hope we all can respect that it must also be my choice if we are discussing this uniform or not. This in General! That the forum-staff has other opinions about that must not influence our own standards and landlords on this! They only want to fill their threats!

I’m sorry if I have offence some people by hard conclusions and hypotheses, but I hope they understand my interest! On this base we can make love again as Johnny already suggests.

Comment

I’ve already told I’m the new owner. And the other question I simply not going to answer because it doesn’t matter. It’s nobody’s business anyway. Isn’t it?

But please, I think you understand that this is not the most honorable way to learn more about generals uniforms, there are plenty of such uniforms by dealers or used in books. But this is my private investment which reputation is (I hope unconscious) damaged by opinions based on bad info and a lack of knowledge. I respect that you are still learning but never clam the truth in that case. Even for good uniforms it brings only bad things.

Because it is my uniform, I hope we all can respect that it must also be my choice if we are discussing this uniform or not. This in General! That the forum-staff has other opinions about that must not influence our own standards and landlords on this! They only want to fill their threats!

I’m sorry if I have offence some people by hard conclusions and hypotheses, but I hope they understand my interest! On this base we can make love again as Johnny already suggests.
              Whats going on with you???? No one will fill here a tread! This tunic is imo still a fake including the hat. And bevor you do not post any pictures on witch we see it is a real one i hold my opinion.

Comment

Enjoy your new uniform grouping.

Glenn

Comment

Hey Glenn,

My vote is to close this thread down. All this arguing back and forth is counter-productive- EVERYONE has made their point.

Comment

I agree with Jeff or at least cut it down and leave the pictures up for reference. If he does not want to post pictures then it is waste of time. If I bought something like that I would be looking for every opinion I could find while I could still return it but then again I do not eat lead paint chips and some people do. It is all about personal chioces.

Comment

Good advice Gent's,closed.

Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X