Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ObltKG4 View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Not quite sure I understand what you're asking. The images are posted on Imageshack. I can't post the image without providing an http:// link, which in effect would be no diffent than all the images I've posted on Imageshack. If I've got it wrong, let me know.

Not sure what you mean when you talk of the pocket 'flap'. I invariably find this to the opposite. Every pocket covers the top of the underneath pocket -at least partially. Can you be more specific...
    Thanks,
    David

Hi David,
    I should have been clearer on my second point about the overlap of the front flap over the pocket. What I meant was that the left vertical front flap of the tunic (the one with the button holes down the front) covers a significant part of the right two pockets. Original tunics just were not made that way. A major flaw in the construction of this tunic.

As to my comment about posting pictures instead of links. I don't use Imageshack, but Photobucket instead. At least until today, about half hour ago, when I wanted to post a picture I had posted there somewhere else, I would pick a certain code from several offered. Now, however, I just tried it, and I can't get a picture to post directly. Maybe this site has changed to where we can't do it anymore. I know in the past Imageshack users have been able to do it. I think I'll start a thread on Die Kneipe and see if anyone knows about this.

Steve
    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

This is a bad tunic, if the owner cannot accept the bad replys then he should go into buying books and looking around before buying a tunic

Comment

Look at the second link I posted to the Sturm tunic for sale not the one in the quote box. Your tunic is a reproduction that has been modified either to sell as a fake or by an reenacator. It is Sturm as noted.

Comment

Your tunic-
          Attached Files

Comment

The Sturm tunic-
            Attached Files

Comment

Well then, that's that. It would appear to be a variant of the hoax. I've paid many dollars to much for absolute crap. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the hobby. The first thing to buy are books

Comment

oops my mistake

Comment

Originally posted by ApathyL View Post
                    This is a bad tunic, if the owner cannot accept the bad replys then he should go into buying books and looking around before buying a tunic
                    I hope this doesn't turn into something like a Leibermuster thread that happened a few years ago where it went on for 5 or 6 pages and the owner was still convinced that his post war Czech coat was German...

Comment

He accepted it was bad. That is a hard thing to do. It is all up hill from there. Everybody gets burned at least once. It is a learning experience sort of like licking a pole and getting your tongue frozen to the post. Very painful but you don't do it again.

Comment

Oblt, welcome to the Forum. We've all been there. Anytime you think of buying a tunic, check with the guys on this Forum first - collectively they really do know their stuff. And as Johnny said, invest in books, books, books.

Don

Comment

Thanks to Johnny, Don and the rest of you for offering you insight and, I'll add, expertise. I bought the tunic last March and up until yesterday was convinced - albeit ignorantly that it was legit. I suppose more for the want of having a piece of history. I'm actually a medal and helmet collector until March when I ventured into cloth. I've been collecting military items since an inlaw gave me a Werhmacht stamped envelope from 1940 which included Lufwaffe dagger, KG 4 General Weaver cuftittle, medals and such, including his uncle's Iron Cross from 1870 which has light a passion for collecting.

It's a hard pill to swallow, particularly how much I've invested in the tunic. That I'm pursuing getting money back is not important, what is, is that I’ve learned a lesson on the tunic.

Here’s the killer and the irony, the seller offered a book on collecting uniforms!

I'll post my Luftwaffe collection under the section accordingly for anyone interested.

Best,
                          David

Comment

I have been burned for 10s of thousands of dollars, do not feel bad. Feel lucky you started collecting when there was something like the forum around to help you.

Comment

Not to beat an already dead horse, one last telling tale of a fake Sturm vs. authentic tunic is; (most) Sturm tunics do not have the internal suspender hooks at the waist and the cuff button holes are "box sewn" vs. key hole sewn. Also, Sturm tunics have the palstic cuff buttons vs. horn or glass as normally found on origional tunics.

Best regards and happy collecting. Steve

Comment

my 1st tunic was a fake also. so I know your pain as well as the others have stated too. and yes, I still get burned once in a blue moon too. it happens... most of the time I PM certain members I know are very knowledgable about the item I am wanting to get. and let me tell you, others eyes are more likely to see details that the potential purchasers rose colored glasses block out. just like Us, youll move on and enjoy your good treasures youve aquirred. Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X