No announcement yet.

M36 Tunic - Excellent example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't questioned the validity of the tunic from March when I bought it until my post this week. So yes, there was considerable pain. It was ironic the seller offered a book from his library on tunics!
    Last time I get burned.
    Cheers,
    David

Comment

Get your money back from him. If he sold it to you as real he should take a return no matter how long ago you bought it.

He may not even have known it was bad. I bought a tunic sight unseen once that turned out to be an At the Front copy. The seller had "bought it from a US Vets Son directly and insisted it was real. At the Front used to use their business number in Kentucky for the RBN. I had him call it and talk to them. He took it back.

Show him this thread if he does not believe you and will not return your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
        Get your money back from him. If he sold it to you as real he should take a return no matter how long ago you bought it.

He may not even have known it was bad. I bought a tunic sight unseen once that turned out to be an At the Front copy. The seller had "bought it from a US Vets Son directly and insisted it was real. At the Front used to use their business number in Kentucky for the RBN. I had him call it and talk to them. He took it back.

Show him this thread if he does not believe you and will not return your money.
        Since my original post here, I have contacted the seller who has offered to return my money or receive full trade value. Perhaps he too is of the understanding it's an authenic piece.
        If I told you what I paid, it may only further fuel the emotional fire.

Will keep you posted

P.S. The collective wisdom at this site has already proven invaluable to me.

Comment

Congratulatios

Nice to hear that you will get your money back. I will be careful with the trade offer as the seller may lack knowledge and you may get more repro stuff.

Juan

Comment

Tunic gone

A thank you to all contributors to the thread. When it was confirmed to be a well know reproduction, I was upset in the very least. The seller gave me dollar for dollar back which I flipped for a Em 1m R36 Rangefinder in excellent condition.

While being primarily as medal collector, I forayed into dress and got burned for the first time...big time!

Your help and knowledge has proved invaluable...literally.

David

Comment

Originally posted by ObltKG4 View Post
              A thank you to all contributors to the thread. When it was confirmed to be a well know reproduction, I was upset in the very least. The seller gave me dollar for dollar back which I flipped for a Em 1m R36 Rangefinder in excellent condition.

While being primarily as medal collector, I forayed into dress and got burned for the first time...big time!

Your help and knowledge has proved invaluable...literally.

David

I wouldn't say you got burned at all. I'd say you had the good fortune to do business with an ethical person who refunded your money and that you got a free, detailed education.

Sounds pretty good to me!

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Not often one gets that chance...

Comment

I dont particulary like the breast eagle, it looks odd to me,
                  Mike

Comment

Tunic

The individual who I dealt with being a historian and being the director of his 30+ year museum on military studies is of an ethical nature. That made me lucky in that he is not the 'average' reseller of true and fake memorabilia. If it were an internet seller, or someone like I've read about in the forums, I may have had a tougher time.

Like I wrote, I may not have learned, or learned to late down the road of its being a fake and gone without a chance to get my money back or trade for another item. In that regard, the forums here has proved their worth in spades.

It has a been a significant learning experience for me and I'm lucky to have had it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X