JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help buying flight pants, opinions, pricing, etc.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help buying flight pants, opinions, pricing, etc.?

I am currently in the market for a pair of flight pants. I have been browsing through old threads and different dealer sites in an effort to learn about them and to determine what type I would like and what I will need to spend. Unfortunately the examples I like on dealer sites have already sold so their price no longer shows.

Can you tell me about the attached example? First of all, is this an original pair? I read on an old thread that these have been faked, even down to the white zippers.

What model of pants are these? I believe they are made for eletrical heating so I assume that makes them mid to late war? Would these also come in a lined version?

What would an average price be for a pair of this style? I've found leather pairs going for around $1,500 to $1,600, are these about the same price?

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The pair pictured above are the un-lined summer weight version. Very, very difficult to find.

The above pair is either the best un-issued pair I've ever seen or more likely a pretty good repro. And I'm leaning towards repro.

Regards,
            Mike
            Last edited by mjfur; 12-15-2008, 03:03 AM.

Comment

I've never seen a pair of this color/style that weren't lined. I was about to say $1500 for a pair of flight pants seems a bit high. But if these are real (the key might be in the details of the snaps) they might be "worth it" in that condition. I don't think these are electrically heated.

Comment

Hello John, I applaud your eagerness to own a Luft flight set. I await further comments from our loyal cadre of Luft flight gear collectors.
                I also think these are made post war, more likely in the last few years. They seem to compliment the fake blue windbreaker made and sold by SM Wholesale(three decades of fakery). My observations, snaps mirror like shinyness, very new appearing leather pocket straps(if they smell fresh they are), the button holes at the waist look weak, no leather pullls on the zipps, RiRi looks white not 65 yo dull yellow, weird ultra white zipp cloth background. If these are unissued/un used there should be at least one rope laynard in any of the pockets and a loop or ring to attach to. There should be an inner cloth padded liner of velour or similar material in frontal knee region, not sown down on the lower end. On many of these there is a padded area in the inner bottom of the flare gun pouch of similar material to the knee area lining. There should also be a reinforced area on the lower right leg flag pocket at the bottom with a vent hole or holes. There should be vent holes on the front pocket bottoms. Overall they appear to be weakly put together and not up to combat standards.
                Maybe I can be proved wrong. Best, Bill Bourque

Comment

Hi there!
                  I'm with Bill, and I agree all his words!
                  By me, we are looking a pretty good fake, made in the last years. I'd like to add also, that that kink of waist lining it not usually seeing on wartime examples.

About the flying gear its not possible spend the same words as the army too. They have keept almost the same standard of the early year, as well all the tecnical gear have done. And this trousers doesn't own the typical LW standard, as we are always used to see.

My thoughts, Frank Savage

Comment

Flight pants

I really appreciate all your help guys. I am completely new to flight uniform and flight gear collecting, and I've already realised it is full of fakes like the panzer stuff I usually collect.

John here is a picture of a snap. I did not post it originally because it is so blurry. The fact that it is blurry might be a red flag in itself.

Bill thanks for your encouragement and all the detail of what to look for. I will make note of these details for the future. Funny you should mention the windbreaker as this seller is offering one of those as well (see pictures below). Is this the fake you were talking about?

Frank, can you, or anyone else, recommend a good book for the collector that would help me to learn the details to look for on Luftwaffe items?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Windbreaker

Attached Files

Comment

Windbreaker

Attached Files

Comment

Windbreaker

Attached Files

Comment

Windbreaker

Attached Files

Comment

Windbreaker

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X