HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help buying flight pants, opinions, pricing, etc.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flight pants

I have looked at this thread with great interest. There have been some very good points. I have a questions, Why have not large numbers of czech flight pants come up for sale in the last 60 years? I did have a pair of sheep skin flight pants, which were czech made, the zips were dark grey metal, and czechoslovakia stamped on each one. They had no name on press studs, I was told these were post war. Most of the copys look good, but but dont stand up to close inspection. I realy dont think that the fakers have come up to this level yet, hopefully. How long was the czech air force going before the soviet air force equipt them? When the jet age came in to being this would change flight equipment totaly. Would there not have been some left over equipment, flight pant jackets ect from the war? Is is just the case that some collectors dont like having items that were made outside of Germany during the war? Flight clothing was made in Czechoslovakia war time. If an unfinished pair of trousers were post war finished, are they czech or german? Answer I dont know.
    Last edited by jim murray; 03-03-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Here are the Croatian flight boots which I own, and used to belong to Jos, until he found an even better pair. Beside them, what I believe to be the matching pants. The details of how the leather tabs were affixed to the zip (Jos will know what I mean) are identical to how they are affixed on the flight pants, same zipper maker as well. I do believe these were intended as a set and made for the germans, happily I now know in Crotia thanks to Jos. I also have the matching flight Jacket, same construction. I may have dismissed these pants outright however, I always felt they showed much typical german construction, and the boots only made me feel better that they were made in the occupied countriers for the germans. I think one has to agree the color of the suede is spot on the same.
      Attached Files

Comment

Scott, I know the time that people were speculating about these boots, era or postwar ??...., because they didn't show any markings and most of the time were used, meaning markings gone.., till I found a un-used pair which still had the markings on the soles and were marked 28 VI 1942..

Jos.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I remember the discussion. Manufacturer is Knebl & Ditrich (I hope I spelled right).

Here is my pair, with Rapid zippers.

By the way, has anyone a period photo of these kind of boots in wear? I never found one in my books.

Last edited by RamJet; 03-01-2009, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Nice nice nice; )

Comment

Hello, anyone see any Luft flight gear at the SOS? Best, Bill

Comment

Available flight gear

I didn't make it to the SOS this year but I too am curious if there was any good flight gear there.

I should also mention that Hermann Historica has a lot of flight gear coming up on it's next auction. They are selling off the full mannequins with kit from a museum. They sold a really cool nachtjager mannequin on their last auction, but I think it sold for way too much.

Comment

As for the flight gear the last SoS wasn't very rich. I have only seen:
                  - one back pack parachute (with a silk which wasn't the original one)
                  - one pair of channel trousers (Mediterranean theatre)
                  - one beautiful blue channel jacket with eagle, pilot badge and sleeve ranks sewn on. Unfortunately I came too late for this one which was a keeper.

Pierre

Comment

Sos

Thanks Pierre. You've satisfied my curosity. The channel pants and the jacket are both items I would have been happy to pick up if I were at the show.

Comment

@ Pierre:

How much was the back pack chute?

Comment

flight trousers

just looked at luftwaffe blue summer flight trousers on Helmut-weitze site, to keep thread going . What is the opinion on them. There on last page on uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by jim murray View Post
                          just looked at luftwaffe blue summer flight trousers on Helmut-weitze site, to keep thread going . What is the opinion on them. There on last page on uniforms.

Too bad that the moths have had such an appetite ...

Comment

flight trousers

looks, like mice to me. they look very flat could have been stored with something heavy on top. would some one post pic of them so we can get some coments on them please.

Comment

A marking to remember

I have found this pic of Czech marking (crossed swords) in an other thread on the subject
                              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=326718

It helps to make the difference between period Luftwaffe and post war airforce equipment.

Pierre
                              Attached Files

Comment

Klaus Butschek has a flight jacket for sale.

http://klaus-butschek.com/index.php?...c6572.59651679

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X