Interesting NCO Summer Tunic/Pants - Gold Pres. CCC Clasp Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
    For what it's worth, both the tunic and pants have ground in soiling. The tunic is soiled around the shoulders, the edges of the cuffs and the middle of the back (like where the center of the Y straps would sit), the bottom of the pants as well as the leg cuffs are dirty, especially at the leg cuffs where it looks like the hem hung below a pair of gaiters and got ground in dirt and muck on them.
    Here is what I would want to see if this tunic was worn, sweat stains, soiling around the armpits, the neck collar area, chafing to the cuffs, color fading etc etc, however, all of this can be replicated. I've seen reenactors doing it, and those in the know do know how to replicated some of this wear, but still they dont get it quite right. Here's my belabored point in a nutshell, I used to own one of these quite identical, I thought it was very cool, believed in them, THEN I saw no less than adozen of them over a short span of time popping "out of the woodwork" ALL made up identically. That's my concern. NONE showed any wear, all looked as if they had been made from a template in design, adornment. Maybe they are all real and its my loss and Im the loser for selling mine, who knows, Im just not comfortable with what I was seeing.

Comment

Time for bed, have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
        I saw no less than adozen of them over a short span of time popping "out of the woodwork" ALL made up identically. That's my concern. NONE showed any wear, all looked as if they had been made from a template in design, adornment. Maybe they are all real and its my loss and Im the loser for selling mine, who knows, Im just not comfortable with what I was seeing.
        True these are around and hard to verify as they will not have any depot stamps, because they're custom made (by unit tailors). Many survived probably because of the fact that these are private ownership tunics... in other words they would not have been recycled so fast for other men...So a KIA would have his personal belongings (including such tunics) returned to the next of kin...or these were sent home when the summer ended and survived that way...So yes I agree not scarce...but for those reasons not too concerning that you run into these relatively easily... but no doubt fakes could have entered the market as well...You just got to weed out the good ones based on insignia, wear and source...just like any other TR garment !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X