No announcement yet.

Brandenburg Cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About ten years ago, I received my green cuff title from a former "Brandenburger" officer.

In my opinion the green version is more common than the black one.

Comment

Originally posted by FS154
      About ten years ago, I received my green cuff title from a former "Brandenburger" officer.

Hi FS,
      Welcome to the forum, do you have any pics of your cuff you could share?
      Thanks
      Regards
      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Originally posted by FS154

Hi FS,

Welcome aboard. Is it possible to get some pics of your CT. I think having an example that can be directly attributed to a vet would solidify the arguement for the Dark green ct.

I think most of the information thats been provided so far leans heavily towards Dark Green. I personally doubt the existence of Black being used but won't rule it out. Without an actual wartime manufacturers spec sheet we have to rely on Reference books to sort out the truth. Right now the only credible book that shows a cufftitle (B/W] and states in the text its black is Williamsons work on Cufftitles. However with only a B/W pic and no knowledge whether the CT was examined hands on, I view the info with skepticism.

Jim

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
          I am bringing this thread back up as part of the discussion was that nobody had encountered a fake cufftitle no the green cloth. I would like to offer this cufftitle up for discussion. It is not in my possession, but has been offered to me. It does not appear to have the sewn ends. Please take a look and I look forward to hearing some opinions on it.
          Thank you,
          Curtiss
          Attached Files

Comment

picture 2
            Attached Files

Comment

picture 3
              Attached Files

Comment

last picture
                Attached Files

Comment

June 2009 seems to be the month for the Brandenburg cufftitles. Here follows a black one in unworn condition and I don't know it it is a fake or not. What is the experts' opinion on it?

Pierre
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bradenburg cufftitle

Back
                    Attached Files

Comment

Back detail
                      Attached Files

Comment

Brandenburg

I missed this post the first time around and I must say I learned a lot about the Brandenburg cuff titles from it. The only other period photo I know of the title being worn is in the late Helmuth Spaeter's book, "Panzerkorps Grossdeutschland." This photo appears on page 171 and not only shows an NCO wearing the band but also is one of the few shots of the unit emblem painted on a Sd Kfz 251/9.
                        Regards,
                        Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

Close-up from this photo of the cuff title. Hard for me to tell but appears to be black?
                          Attached Files

Comment

dark green or black

Good day Gents,

I'm sorry to interfer with your, partly older, conversation. I'm neither CT collector nor interested in GD or any other landbased fighting unit. I am complete green behind my ears in your area of collecting!!! However, by pure coincidence I have learned most recently that SS TK Standarte 2 had been granted with the name "Brandenburg" and there are photos out there with the CT in wear on a SS uniform tunic. The z.b.V. 800 unit wore indeed the dark green one. So both colours can be explained quite easily.

I hope my fresh pair of eyes could shed some light on that and I wasn't contributing complete BS.

Anyway, nice weekend and rgds

Daniel

P.S.: Interested in naval Hitleryouth cap tallies and photos of them in wear.

Comment

secret resolved???

No one an opinion about my comment?

Rgds

Daniel

Comment

This one (uniform removed) is a direct vet estate buy by me from the son of an army Dr. The color is a dark bottle green, almost looks black but it isn't .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X