No announcement yet.

General's tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question now is, what other items in the past has he sold as "original" sitting in collections. Personally I never purchased from him. Who has fallen victim to his restoring? Not saying all has been humped up. But maybe start looking over your items. Just shows what a "Reputation" can do.
    Regards,
    Gary

Comment

Shame

Comment

When collectors are complaining about prices just remember this thread. I will gladly cough up a few extra bucks to the likes of Stezelberger, Shea or Whamond knowing they don’t embellish, mislead or out-and-out lie about what they sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Flakhelfer View Post
          The same dealer had this collar tabs in a set with a pair of shoulderboards for sale on his website recently. If you compare them you will see that they are the same.
          So in my opinion there is the arty upgrade factor with this tunic.

Well there you go Gentlemen, Good eye Flakhelfer

This is exactly why I avoid such dealers (especially out of Germany),never have purchased from him and never will.

Glenn
          Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 12-22-2006, 09:16 AM.
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

wonder if the dealer has seen this thread?...

Comment

Unreal! Great detective work, great thread but unfortunately another unethical and dishonest dealer. Shameful behavior, I know I will never purchase from him again, thankfully I can't afford to dabble outside Heer badges as I would easily be taken by something like this if I tried to buy a uniform or cloth item. But Hey! it's 30% off all this week

Comment

Hi Greg -

The 30% off is on Winkler's site - the other "W".

Don

Comment

Nice discovery. Don't place any dealer on a pedestal. This has been repeated time and time again on this website.

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                    Hi Greg -

The 30% off is on Winkler's site - the other "W".

Don
                    Don are you sure it does not mean 30% of the insignia has been off?

Comment

This is just sad, I trusted Helmut as one of the top noch dealers and I have bought from him earlyer

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                        Don are you sure it does not mean 30% of the insignia has been off?

You might want to double this estimate and add 15%....

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Here is the worst thing about this situation. Both Winkler and Weitze come up with some pretty hard to find items every once and a while. I have bought from both. In fact one of my favorite purchases came from one of them. The problem is you better damm well be an expert when you are buying from them. There is such a mix of good and bad. Now look at our hobby (obsession). It is growing by leaps and bounds. Every day more and more collectors are getting into the game. These are potential new customers for these dealers. They don’t know everything and sometimes have to trust a dealer. How many new collectors just read this thread and will never even look at their sites again? Was it worth it? You loose your reputation in this hobby you might as well hang it up, word travels very fast. JM2cents

Oh, Glenn yes I think I low balled the figure.

Comment

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...8230050563/p/1

I must say I agree with Dave Kane and others on this one!

Comment

Pretty sick! Nice detective work!
                              I wonder how many others have slipped through over the years. Surely this is not the first hyped-up piece he has made! I can't say that I am surpised though. This is more evidence to know your craft before making purchases. best wishes,
                              jeff
                              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by J. VanHofwegen View Post
                                Pretty sick! Nice detective work!
                                I wonder how many others have slipped through over the years. Surely this is not the first hyped-up piece he has made! I can't say that I am surpised though. This is more evidence to know your craft before making purchases. best wishes,
                                jeff

Watch out boys!!! John Pic and I agree on something! Will wonders ever cease?!!
                                Thanks John but let's not lose the focus or core of this thread so I'd like to address Jeff's post....

This isn't about knowledge of a hobby, dealer caution or even about mis-informed miatakes! This is about a blatent, in your face, kiss my a** as I'm above it.....FRAUD!!! There isn't an 'out' here as it's obvious and contemporary
                                Regards,
                                Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X