General's tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
    I am sure it will just be a matter of time until one of those collectors steps up on this thread and try’s to say “how do you know for sure those are the same tabs?”
    Nick, could you tell us how can you be so sure that these are the same tabs???

Comment

Originally posted by TONY Q.W. View Post
      Nick, could you tell us how can you be so sure that these are the same tabs???
      Well Tony how about these pics. The arrows pont to the moth hole and a piece of loose thread. The same on both.
      Attached Files

Comment

Tab2
        Attached Files

Comment

Nick, I was just kidding . They are obviously the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TONY Q.W. View Post
            Nick, I was just kidding . They are obviously the same.
            I know, I was just being a smart-alec.

Comment

I would also point out that one of the "horns" on the Lärisch embroidery is slightly deformed - flattened on the end rather than pointy - on both the off tunic and on tunic pictures.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                I am with you brother. If people like me are truly being laughed at by the “old guard” I am dying to see what the “old guard” have in their collections. In all fairness I do think the person that told me this was exaggerating a bit but this just goes to show how naive and trusting some collectors are. I am sure it will just be a matter of time until one of those collectors steps up on this thread and try’s to say “how do you know for sure those are the same tabs?”

Anyone want to reevaluate the Pausinger thread?
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=generals

Nick, the 'old guard' WERE laughing and SHOUTING just as they have done with other high-end frauds that were outed. That is the MO. They band together, cite each other's names and expertise and attempt to drown out the person(s) who dared contradict their 'blessing' of an item.
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

This thread has been very informative. Nice detective work. I hope many more collectors see this thread. Perhaps a new thread should be started so people can be aware of this situation. Audacious.

Comment

Well done - and a service to all collectors.

Mike

Comment

This particular dealer is not known to have "only original militaria"
                      But this take's it a little bit further.

Shame on you Weitze!!!

Comment

There is a huge difference between the dealer that might sell the occasional doggy item. Or the dealer that might not be an expert in a certain area and is selling a fake without knowledge. What we have here is outright fraud!

Comment

Thanks a lot guys and a special thanks to Bob ---WELL DONE---
                          I also hope many more collectors see this thread and Mr Weitze will never be able to sell this tunic!
                          Merry Xmas and a happy new year to all
                          Dave

Comment

Yes, there's no way to step aside, double talk or otherwise offer an explanation, it is indeed a FRAUD!

Frankly, it's an insult to the collector community as a whole and as another member so rightly put it.....a SHAME!!

I have removed the site from my 'favorites' list and as little impact that my action may have I hope others do it too! Maybe the decline of 'visits' to this crook's site will wake him up....likely not but (demerits or not) I challenge the owner of the site to come forth and offer a reason why this made up tunic is offered for sale!
                            Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

Dave I am with you 100%. Is he still a sponsor here? If he is maybe removing him will send a message?

I will not remove the site from my favorites though. I like to use the site to hone my eagle eye on visors.

Comment

One of the best threads.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X