Show us your Foreign volunteer tunics/insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to all,

Here is my small participation in this very interesting article.

You will find enclosed an image of a very particular Bevo badge. This badge is very often underestimated by collectors.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Last edited by polux; 07-24-2007, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I posted this once before and it got very few views. Its a Terek Cossack Kubanka. This piece along with the POA tunic were direct vet pickups by Bob Hritz. Now I'm the proud father of both items.

Pic 1
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last pic
            Attached Files

Comment

tunic

Originally posted by Askold View Post
              I just notticed the shield - nobody with knowledge of Russian whould write letter "D" like that. Sorry
              Sorry for the guy that bought it,some questions and research as always would of saved dollars.
              Paul.

Comment

roa uniform

Great tunic, too bad the tabs were not on.
                It would actually appear from the few photos of these in use,that insignia was not put on at the factory,and was applied or not applied by the individual depending I guess on availibility.There is a picture of an ost legion soldier wearing one without collar tabs.The same picture also indicates that these,in at least one case,were not only issued to the ROA,but to ost legion as well,which makes sense anyway,why would Hitler only demand the Russians/Ukrainians not wear German uniform?
                Cheers,Paul.

Comment

djpool:

Thank you very much for the closeups! Just the kind of trese I was expecting to see on such tabs. I love your Terek papakha - the cockade is wonderfull!

paulj:

Hitler actually demended that ALL non-german formations in WH would wear distinctive uniforms. There was a distinctive ranking system developed for the Ostlegionen, one for Cossacks and one for YBB/POA. In reality it was just too much insignia to enforce and only about 50% of all the volunteers had their distinctive insignia. I've seen dosens of photos of volunteers wearing regular German battledress with exeption of national shield. I have yet to see photo of YBB wearing prescribed YBB insignia.

P.S. I managed to collect a complete set for Ukrainian volunteer, but can't stick the photos in just yet. If anybody is interested I can mail them the photos.

Comment

Polux:

Wonderfull shield, I take it its for Pskov cossacks (yello and blue).

Comment

tab

Divisional reconaissance battalion,probably one of the rarest.
                      Cheers,Paul.

Comment

Hello to all,

You are right Paul. After some years of research, I had the chance to be able to acquire this rare badge Bevo.

You will find the exact indication of the unity to which was attributed this badge by looking at the enclosed document.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Comment

Photo with badge

Comment

Amazing grouping, congratulations!

Comment

djpool:

Thank you very much for the closeups! Just the kind of trese I was expecting to see on such tabs. I love your Terek papakha - the cockade is wonderfull!

paulj:

Hitler actually demended that ALL non-german formations in WH would wear distinctive uniforms. There was a distinctive ranking system developed for the Ostlegionen, one for Cossacks and one for YBB/POA. In reality it was just too much insignia to enforce and only about 50% of all the volunteers had their distinctive insignia. I've seen dosens of photos of volunteers wearing regular German battledress with exeption of national shield. I have yet to see photo of YBB wearing prescribed YBB insignia.

P.S. I managed to collect a complete set for Ukrainian volunteer, but can't stick the photos in just yet. If anybody is interested I can mail them the photos.

I was talking about the "ROA" blue uniform,I know full well about insignia.

Comment

Georgien (pink)

LS:

Georgien with shoulderboards in "pink"

Eric Mill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X