No announcement yet.

Show us your Foreign volunteer tunics/insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

giberville,, Yeah I kind of agree with Askold. The counterfeiters are getting real good on certain shields... Is the coat unissued?

djp/Jim. , Nice stuff! No need to name whos collections they were prior,,they 'stand' all by themselves...

Yes its been real slim pickins out there for FV stuff.........

Comment

Thanks for replies on the shield - what is it that makes it a repro shield? Need to be armed with the specifics if I go back to the dealer. There are many variations of this shield I guess?
      The greatcoat is only very lightly worn. The shield is a little grubbier than it appears in the photo, but matches the condition of the coat. Shoulder boards do seem good to me but I know there are many out there with heaps more knowledge.

Comment

gib,,yes there were bevo, printed and embroidered. Only the embroidered have a few variations. Last year I saw a pretty convincing embr. POA shield, lookd great except the white glowed like crazy! Usually when a shield looks brand new it is! - Maybe a straight on photo... On the photo it looks a little puffy,,is there padding under it?

Boards look fine,,true you can't say when made,,but that's everything with FV stuff,,there's a certain degree of faith involved with it!

Comment

Hi Gaspare,

It is 'puffy' as if it is padded inside, behind the shield. Does this indicate a reproduction? The blue cross is quite broad compared to the examples I have seen in photos and in collections, also a much paler blue.

Comment

Here is a straight on photo if it helps with observations...
            Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful tunics Jim!

giverville:

Here is the break down:

1. There was only one officially made embroidered version of the POA shield. (dark green for WH and blue for LF). It also happens to be quite hard to find. There were also some field made shields, but they look very different too.

2. The shield on your coat is a very badly made fake - it does not even try to imitate the embroidered version, but tries to imitate the Bevo made version (machine made on silk).

3. This particular patch is sold as replica, from time to time on German Ebay. Note the textured white backing - lots of copy shields use that material.

4. No even point in discussing the fact that the patch is brand new, but I would examine the boards too, as they have been faking them also. A close up of the piping can confirm if its an original board or not. In any case, they would be the most common volunteer boards to find and a lot of times sellers would slap them on tunics to produce volunteer tunics

Comment

gib,,,Askolds right,,this is trying to hard! Nice trick though with the padding. This was done sometimes on Luft cloth badge versions and other 3rd reich insig. Seller being slick trying to confuse with the bad shield but with padding.. Boards,,they are common,,they could be good. Best to let that go and save up for something good...

Comment

my turkistant wear

Comment

here are my volunteer ss collar tabs and sleeve shield

Comment

This stuff take a little bit of faith, don't really see anything wrong with the Turk jacket ,, I like it....

E794,,some nice stuff you got there! thanks for showing.

Comment

The Turkistan is an very sweet piece of history, it would have been interesting to see more detailed photos in a own thread!

Comment

I am sorry to say, but the jacket is a put together. The Turkestan shield is a fake one:

Fake shield:

Original shield:

Comment

I second Askold's opinion. The Turkistan shield is a well-known repro/fake.

Comment

Aahh yes the broken line string on the bow

Too bad, it would have been a nice piece... You think a counterfeiter that's doing a decent job dummying up the jacket and then puts a known fake on the arm would take the extra time and get a real shield!

Comment

ASERBAIDSCHAN Cut Offs.....

Attached Files
                                RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X