By Request; The KU luger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philly,

Thanks for the new photo! It's much better, and confirms my previous statement. The "Ku" marking is definately bogus. The two dots over the "u" are way too large! Also, they look very sloppy, and the "K" should be taller than these two dots. Please see the photos on page one of this thread of the "Ku" luger markings that I posted, and you'll see what I mean.
    Also, the serial number looks very un-even to mean. I would have to see more photos of the rest of the gun (serial numbers, and markings), but I would be highly suspecious of this one.

Matt

Comment

I agree with Matt. Your 08 would need a careful going over to determine exactly what was done to it and when....as far as post or pre-45. I feel very confident that the Ku die used is not the period one. I can also say that there are many characteristics to these Ku Lugers that need to be considered other than just a Ku marking.

As for the 1920s era commercial not stamped "Germany", it should be understood that the "Germany" was nothing more than an import stamp to comply with the law for the gun to be sent to the US (also found on 1900 Eagles and 1930s Stoeger Eagles....all $4000+ now) before import stamp became a dirty phrase to gun collectors! The import stamp does not bother the value of the guns that I referenced above and indeed if not present presents a problem!

Actually Germany can be found stamped on some WWI German surplus items that were imported to the US in the 20 and 30s and "made in Germany" can be found on some WWII German surplus items imported.....like the DAK Pith Helms.

Your commercial Luger was simply sold in Germany rather than being improted to the US....a little unusual but not at all rare. Generally German officers purchased thier own pistols....more so even for career officers as opposed to just wartime active officers.

As for anomlies such as P.08 marked frames on pre war Lugers (or pre 41 for that matter) I think that onw really has to look serial number stamps and other characteristics that the peice was faked. There is such a thing as out of sequence assembley where some earlier marked parts were put into the line to finish some Lugers.....but you have to really understand what you are looking at to make that determination......

Comment

The book "The Mauser Parabellum 1930 - 1946" has a good in-depth study of the Kü Lugers as well as the author's theory.

Comment

Hi guys, Ive been on and off this site for a few years now. I picked up one of these Ku lugers last year. I will try and post pictures later on if anyone is interested. The luger I have is serial numbered 1337 Ku (has the umlats over the u, very hard to tell from pics though. has the S/42 barrel and the LZA stamping on the right hand side. I have been very curious, as Im sure everyone has about these lugers. Of course my first luger would have to be one that is still pretty mysterious to everyone!

Comment

Someone just had mentioned the Ku luger on another thread, so I'm bumping this thread up again.

Let's post some more photos of examples of Ku luger!

Bill, can you pin this thread please? Good info to know and add.

Thanks
            Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Peppers View Post
              The book "The Mauser Parabellum 1930 - 1946" has a good in-depth study of the Kü Lugers as well as the author's theory.
              This is a GREAT reference book!! Don and Joop have done a magnificent job on Mauser Lugers!
              The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Comment

Looking for information about ku P08, I found this thread.
                Ther is a one here for sale with 2 matching magazines.
                french collector and sellers are absolutely not "type" collectors, nor matching magazines fans.
                https://www.naturabuy.fr/Pistolet-Lu...m-5265967.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X