A Few Examples I Really Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwordFish View Post
    I was chatting with the gentleman who actually did produce those nice calendars back in the '80s. He's going to have some at the MAX for those of you who choose to attend. So be sure to grab one. They are collectible in their own right.

P- the Clemen and Jung is super nice. One of the finest conditioned, and complete sabers I have. A not-so-common example, heavy brass hilt construction, and screaming with her original gilt. It definitely ranks amoungst my favorites. It came from a peer who has a nack for vet finds.

I'll see if I can get the frame of Remer during the inspection in the next few days. As and FYI, if you havn't seen the series "Hitlers Bodyguard", you should definitely check it. Honestly, it's one of my favorites (even though SS stuff is not my bag), and not only covers the SS, but many aspects of the various attempts on his life, as well as the various protection agencies. I believe it was originally put out by the BBC, but is now rebroadcast on the Military Channel. 14 or 15 episodes, each one I had to record on DVD. Check it out if you havn't seen it. I guarantee everyone will like it. It's really good.

Tom
    Yes, I have seen just a few episodes on the military channel, it IS very good. Now that you bring it up, I'm gonna see if I can find it.

Comment

In the uk it is also repeated on the yesterday channel
      Very good program

Comment

A couple of years ago my wife bought my a DVD recorder for the televsion. We get the fancy dancy cable with all the channels, and my favorite is...drumbroll please..the Military Channel by Discovery. Anyway, since i have the DVD recorder I have at least 1500 hours of DVD recording all on WW2 programs..probably more than that. I hav stacks and stack and stacks of DVDs I made and had to create an index for listing purposes.

I recorded the following series in their entirety with the exception of 1:
        - Hitlers Bodyguard (all episodes in series, 14 or 15 I think)
        - WW2 Battlefront (All 38 episodes)
        - Wings of the Luftwaffe (all episodes)
        - Commanders at War (all episodes). (From the BBC it's really good, and entertaining. Alot of themes like Rommel vs. Monty, Bradley vs. Model, etc
        - Patton 360 (all episodes)
        - The Wehrmacht (all episodes)
        - Battle For the Atlantic (all)
        - 20th Century Battlefields (all WW2 related episodes)
        - Clash of Wings (all)
        - Battle Plan (all WW2 episodes with Peter Snow BBC)
        - The First World War (about 75%)
        - The Color of War (all)
        +++ plus about 1000 hours of misc. WW2 programs, mostly from the Military Channel (Discovery Networks), the History Channel, and National Geographic. Others series I have particular WW2 relates episodes from include Air Gun Camera, Great Planes, Dogfights, Wings Over the Pacific, and so on.

The recorder was one of the best gifts my wifes given me. Many of these series are incredibly well done. Even Wings of the Luftwaffe is a bit old, dating from the early-mid '90s, but it's still a very well done series. Commanders at War is well done as too, and is recent, but at the end of the day, I feel that Hitlers Bodyguard is the absolute best, and it's not limited to the SS. It covers the SS, Leibstandarte, formations, early days, and so on, as well as many of the attempts on Hitlers life, other protection agencies as well as Rommel's early days as chief of the Heer protection unit. What's really nice is that the series has ALOT of archival footage I had never seen before, as well as alot of still photographs I hadn't seen. It's very very well done.

Link to description of various episodes and schedule for television.
        http://military.discovery.com/tv-sch...126633.36991.x

If anyone needs an episode of one of the series they are missing let me know and I can probably burn you a copy. Don't ask me for the whole series of any of these ..I won't even respond to you if you do..no way. It would take too much time and cost too much money for shipping. But i'm not opposed to helping out a friend who is missing an episode like the "Berlin Bunker Plot" from Hitler's Bodyguard.

If I had bought all these episodes on DVD from Discovery Networks, it would have cost...well, you get the idea. Heck, a blank DVD costs about me 20 cents each in bulk and teh jewel cases are even less in bulk.

T
        Last edited by SwordFish; 09-25-2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X