This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDC Suspensions

Anyone else here ever get booted from the GDC Forums?

Yes. me.
    It was for nothing except my, and a couple of other knowledgeable collectors, questioning the authenticity of a a high-end dagger by one of the member of the "inner-circle".
    That was a while ago. I still post on that site but it's just a shadow of it's former self due to suspensions, favoritism and disappearing threads.
    Years of valuable information has not only disappeared but to the best of my knowledge still continues to THIS day.

GDC: Has an attitude of "Love it or Leave it". Most have chosen to leave.
    I see former long time GDC members scattered all over the different forums today.

Regards,
    -wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by busterz111 View Post
      Anyone else here ever get booted from the GDC Forums?
      What happened too you on that Forum Busterz111 ?

Comment

Not really sure.There was a discussion in regards Dagger Grading and I chimed in.Granted I am not the Most polished stone out there when it comes to making a point But I was suspended officially with the Excuse that I had slammed someone specifiially which I really didnt do as No one was really named in the discussion.

Now the IP address is blocked and Dave Hohaus does not seem to be wanting to reply to my emails.Common Courtesy would be nice,I am sure he is Busy but this kida bows.

TOM

Comment

My account has been suspended after posting only one post.

The reason being; "Failure to post an active email address in your profile as required."

Funny thing is that I check the provided e-mail address every few hours.

Comment

The site by all appearances is built on we the dealers, by the dealers, for the dealers and is literally a good ole boy forum. You cannot call a dealer out in there for a bad item or question them or your gone. It is really that simple.

I like some of the dealers there but Dave is really unbearable and he has really chased the most knowledgeable collectors out and then puts up the slogan "Come talk with the greatest minds in the hobby". Well? your kidding right? Its really cocky at best and although there are knowledgeable folk on there, "greatest minds in the hobby" is surely a stretch.

But I guess this may seem negative and I think I have been tossed off there 3 times maybe 4, of course I probably deserved it. But they have lost a ton of good people to various forums so its not just me. But, such is life.

Comment

when I did get into with Craig a few times I understand getting booted then but this was an antiseptic conversation regarding grading.I asked Dave to email me with info or maybe a transcript of what I wrote.............no luck yet.

I know Skipper is a Mod here and he has contact with dave once in a while so have dave Email me will ya

TOM

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
                The site by all appearances is built on we the dealers, by the dealers, for the dealers and is literally a good ole boy forum. You cannot call a dealer out in there for a bad item or question them or your gone. It is really that simple.
                Accept for snyderstreasures, apparently.
                I just slammed him there the other day with no ill effects [yet]

Comment

well I am not saying I am a good boy,Dave pulled me from what I wrote in regards the Grading topic,

Comment

Well guys you should be good little boys or else ...............Cheers Scott.
                    Last edited by sweezz; 11-15-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Never booted, guess I haven't stepped over the line since Dave took over. I know I did many times in the early days, but I guess I've gotten more mature My recent issue with them has been the site censorship of threads & just generally the Groupee censorship of even nonoffensive words. It's comical that adults discussing adult topics have to watch their language as if we're in front of kindergarteners. Small potatoes I know in light of the big picture.

I guess I still go there because when dealing with blades, it's still got the most forums & threads on the subject. Some of my buddies are still there as well but I'll admit, it isn't like the good old days. Some people chased themselves away but the shame of it a lot of good people were forced out for little or no infractions. I see a lot of them here, it's good to see good collectors wherever it is.

Comment

One thing that cracks me up is how one of the sellers advertises his items in the for sale section. Every single item he sells is listed as "Vet P/U". I wish I knew where he finds all these vets? When you think about it, every piece of german memorabilia was at one time a Vet P/U. But at what point is it no longer a Vet P/U? I would think that if you bought it from a guy who bought it from a guy who bought it from a guy, it's no longer a Vet P/U!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
                          some people chased themselves away but the shame of it a lot of good people were forced out for little or no infractions. I see a lot of them here, it's good to see good collectors wherever it is.
                          If you look at the people that have "Chased themselves away" or were forced out you will see a pattern.

There is an element to this hobby that some people do not care for, these are guys who say what they mean and do what they say and have a characteristic that does not allow them to fall in line with the status quo. They have character and integrity, and honesty to them carry's more weight than profitability. To them these are not keywords for marketing but a way of life. Old School players with principle.

The difference here on Wehrmacht is the site is right down the middle, it neither has a slant to crush everyone nor one to protect anyone in any clear manner. So you can call a spade a spade on an item or disagree without having a group of dealers and an old hen pecking at your heels for being a threat to their bottom line.

That is just my opinion and its not a blanket to all involved there or here, but at least here you can speak your mind within reason and sometimes even kick an ethically challenged individual in the head. And I am of the opinion that is healthy, and even fun on occasion.

Jmo
                          Last edited by Vid; 11-17-2008, 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well I have to put myself in the Rebel Category for sure...I called a few people out and Dave didnt like that...he wont return my emails and now he is acting like a Little girl,really I dont want to be associated with him of the Upper echelon people there.It turns out that the site was built by "its Founder" as a buying tool for him...lots of Regular people would access the site looking for Grandpas dagger info...An Voila a good majority of those pieces made it out to Sunny California.If he says anything contrary he is a Liar.And thats not where the lies end....laundry list is HUGE.

Coming from the GDC ranks I found this site Intimidating at first but as I spend time over here in the last 6 months its a breath of fresh air to see whos who and what they know.

And as for Vet P/U you have to remember Vets are ANY service member so if someone was in the army druing the Grenada and brought in a Nice helmet....VET P/U

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
                              If you look at the people that have "Chased themselves away" or were forced out you will see a pattern.

There is an element to this hobby that some people do not care for, these are guys who say what they mean and do what they say and have a characteristic that does not allow them to fall in line with the status quo. They have character and integrity, and honesty to them carry's more weight than profitability. To them these are not keywords for marketing but a way of life. Old School players with principle.

Jmo

Yes. Those kind of guys like Denny R. and others will not last on GDC for long.
                              You don't have to wait long. Here is a long time collector who asks a question.

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...2/m/7360028085

If if go there, just know that it will happen to you. Sooner or later. You will be at first shocked in the manner that your treated but actually if you been there a while....you shouldn't be surprised. ....It's just the way it is there.

Regards,
                              -wagner-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X