SA no maker mark or RZM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA no maker mark or RZM?

Do all SA Daggers have an maker mark or RMZ or both? One without any would be a fake?

Dennis

I would say 99.9% of the time you will see one or the other on SA daggers. On other dagger types it is more common to see no maker marked blades. The SA daggers that I have seen with no maker mark were mostlikely ground Rohms.
    In WWII German militaria there are no 100% rules, there are always exceptions. It is best to understand materials and methods of manufacture.
    Best WIshes,
    Bob
    www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Hi Bob,
      Thanks for the quick reply. I think the dagger I have is a later type. here is a like I posted when I first was oftered the Dagger.
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=310742
      Thanks for any help.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis GT View Post
        Do all SA Daggers have an maker mark or RMZ or both? One without any would be a fake?

Dennis

No, I have seen no maker maked, no nothing on otherwise perfect SA daggers. These were not any factory ground Rohms either. They are rare to find. The two example I had examined out of the woodwork came that way.
        Both examples exibited early fittings throughout. Niether had a bench mark on the lower crossguard. Blades were never touched. Both were with nice Mottos.

Why and how did that happen?

Regards,
        -wagner-

Comment

I don't know why it does not have a TM or RZM on it, strange. The blade looks earlier than a RZM and I would want to hold it before saying more. I am sure it is original and I would be happy with the purchase if I were you.
          Best Wishes,
          Bob
          www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

The Dagger is original and is just an oddity? I should keep it then. Thanks for all the help.

Dennis

Comment

Don't mean to steal your thunder, but heres an unmarked example in my collection, unquestionably legit and unquestionably unmarked, the crossgrain is clearly visible in the area the mark would be, indicating no grinding.
              Had a nice discussion about this in another forum some time back and came up with some interesting points, I saved it but of course can't find that discussion now, its somewhere on my hard drive.
              But they are out there, welcome to the club, I guess !

Comment

There's one!
                Early manufacture. No Gau stamp. - Legit SA dagger.

Also the two I had seen the parts were all fit excellent. It wasn't a "parts" dagger.

Regards,
                -wagner-

Comment

check out my post...
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=311855

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X