Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA with no mark?

Hi all,

I got the chance to buy an Sa dagger with no maker mark at all. I've seen alot of pictures of the dagger, it looks used but good, crossguards are marked inside (one has K and 6 or 9, other has M or W and a rune that looks like *) and outside (Wf), eagle and Sa don't seem to be tempered with ect... overall condition is good, not exellent.

Im new to the hobby and did some fine share of reading etc but as far as I recall I havent heard of an Sa dagger with no mark at all, but then again, i'm new
    So the obvious question is: is this rare or normal or possibly fake and what should I bid for it? (euro's plz )

Many thanks!
    Godts

SA Dagger

Hi Godts welcome to the forum.

It is always best to try and post pictures of the dagger for members to look at but if you have not bought the dagger this may not be possible.
    The main reason for an SA dagger not having a mark is usually a Rohm dedication piece that has had the dedication ground off and the maker mark also taken off in the process.
    Having crossguards with different internal stamps sounds puzzling as they usually match.
    Best advice would be to ask for (or take) some quality pictures and post them here for more help.

Best wishes,
    Ian

Simplydaggers

Comment

Your wish is my command...

Comment

The idea behind a ground Rhom has crossed my mind also, that's why I asked for some more pictures and to me the blade doesn't look grounded...
        The crossguards also seem to have a diffent "shine" (this could be due to the way the foto was taken maybe) but one looks much more "used' the the other...
        Parts-dagger with fake blade?

Comment

Angel ist Markiert - das reicht doch - A und unten die 9 - oder??? das ist C.Gustav Spitzer.
          Ich habe auch Klinge ohne Hersteller aber Markiert was entspricht dem Malsch& Ambronn - und Trotzdem original.

Angel is Mark - but that's enough - A and below the 9 - or? this is C. Gustav Spitzer.
          I also have no blade manufacturers but what corresponds to the Marks & Malsch Ambronn - and Still original.

MFG
          JanXX

Comment

What about the difference in quality of the crossguards and stamps?

Kind Regards,
            Godts

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X