Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Dagger Help please.

Hi guys,
    I am a badge guy and I know zip about Daggers. I have wanted to move into Dagger collecting for some time. I was offered this SA Dagger from a person who I did get several nice badges from. He now has a SA Dagger for sale for $450. Is it a good Dagger? Is it worth the price? Should I stick to Badges?

Dennis
    Attached Files

more

more
    Attached Files

Comment

both

Both
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

A later RZM NSKK.
            A straight salty dagger with fantastic tiger striped grip. And the grip to cross guard fit is fantastic. No gaps, no splits...for $450. I'd grab it.

-wagner-

Comment

For the condition, I'd offer lower. Most all of the chrome plating has bubbled off the crossguards and the lower scabbard fitting. Also the blade appears to have some light rust. In addition, RZM vintage pieces generally command lower prices than early nickel fitted pieces even when in very good shape. These reasons would have me looking for a better deal.

Best,
              Josh

Comment

Interesting variation. It appears that the grip eagle is solid nickel. I'm sure Josh knows that the plating on these RZM daggers is nickel, not chrome.

Comment

The grip caught my eye right off the bat ! I would buy it. After all $450 doesen't buy much now days. Plus NSKK rzm pieces are allways in demand! Keep the guy happy and buy it , cause he'll sell you more blades down the road!

Comment

Thank you

Thanks a lot everyone I will buy it. I've had an interest in Daggers but just have not taken the leap.

Dennis

Comment

Go for it!

Originally posted by wags View Post
                      A later RZM NSKK.
                      A straight salty dagger with fantastic tiger striped grip. And the grip to cross guard fit is fantastic. No gaps, no splits...for $450. I'd grab it.

-wagner-
                      Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the wonderful world of daggers.

I'd go for it too. As Wagner has said, it's got a great grip, and cross guard fit that you seldom see on a late model dagger. Looks like an old hand, who still took pride in his work, put that one together.

Cheers,
                      Stu

Comment

Buy it (I would for 100%). The grip is stunning. You'll learn to appreciate the beauty of the wood of SA grips with the time. Beware: daggers are highly addictive

Comment

An honest looking NSKK, great grip (as many have stated already ), price isn't bad. I'd grab it as well. My first piece was an unremarkable but mint RZM SA. All I can say is that one piece started an addiction.

Comment

Nice grip.Original piece.Reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis GT View Post
                              I will buy it. Dennis
                              Probably not a bad deal, but I'm with Josh...offer less ($375-400) The worst that can happen is that you'll have to pay the full $450. Again, not bad, but the plating is pretty well gone from the crossguards. The grip is definitely the saving grace...

Skip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X