Shot 7

Shot 7
            Attached Files

Comment

Shot 8

Shot 8
              Attached Files

Comment

I have a numbered Klaas SS, but for the life of me I have no way to find out who this was............. #86 664.

This number is stamped under the crossguard near the blade.

Comment

any pics ?

Comment

I will take some as soon as I get my camera back from by buddy.

Comment

Researching SS numbers

I started my SS Officer's Research Service in the early 1980s and have researched hundreds of them over the years. I have found that numbers containing less then 6 digits have a much better chance of being on the SS Dienstaltersliste than numbers with 6 digits.
                      These numbers are in random order as to enlisted or officer rank and are based on time of entry.
                      Also, some runs of honorary membership are identified. Lawyers are found mainly in runs of several thousand and some doctors are found in some serial number runs. I believe that Himmler brought many of the professionals in at the same time, probably as a jesture to acquire a better base of professionals.
                      Ron Weinand

Comment

To top it all, I see some these lists are still incomplete. Understandable....but

Comment

anymore new numbered daggers to add to this thread ?

Comment

Here is #400485. This piece was sold by Tom Johnson awhile back and I acquired it in a trade from that collector. I was able to trace the number through the excellent service of Ross J. Kelbaugh. This M33 EM by Robert Klass belonged to SS Mann Hans Joachim Horlitz of Sturm 1/47 SS Standarte (Allgemeine SS) who later served with the Wehrmacht in 1 Schuetzen Regt., 2 Kompanie.

Comment

Nice dagger. I haven't seen one with the SS numbers that big before!

I've noticed quite a bit of variation in the size and font, as well as location of the numbers on the examples posted in this thread... Were these SS numbers added by the original owners? Taking into account what a sacred piece of regalia this was considered to be, I imagine that there would have been some sort of formal process or procedure the owner would have to go through to have it modified in any way.

Were some of the earlier daggers issued with the numbers already engraved, or were all daggers issued without them?

Thanks in advance.
                              Rob
                              Last edited by Rob Johnson; 07-31-2007, 05:59 AM.

Comment

a chance to share the goods

ok guys could;t resist i,m actually a helmet collector but have a few nice blades i wouldn't mind sharing
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X