LW NCO Visor with Pink Piping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Lyons View Post
    Speculation I know, and that can be a bad thing.... but I would love to know the actual colour of the piping used on these caps, more than likely the Waffenfarbe is white, but.... the traditional colour of the Panzer troops was Rosa (pink) and I am sure there would have been those who followed the tradition of the Panzer arm and used the Rosa on their visor caps, and as I said above, more than likely also the Panzerjaeger (tank hunters) within the Luftwaffe Field Divisions also...
    Hi Bob

While i can't add anything about the LW caps, the photo in post #16 is also interesting.
    When compared to the ek2 ribbon the collar tabs and piping on the caps do not appear to be white like the ek2 ribbon. Nor does the red on the ribbon match either. Which does make me think it is rosa piping not white.

Following with interest, hope you get to the bottom of it

Comment

I've looked at thousands of B&W photos of SS visors looking for colour piping so I agree Tim, those caps are definitely not white piped IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Lyons View Post
        Interesting comments Stoney, but I don't believe the Feldwebel has 'Rosa' tabs,
        and looking at the photo, I agree with Jos earlier, I think the colour of his tabs
        have not registered the golden yellow of flight properly, and the photo has made
        them look more 'pink' than yellow..... Nice photo though !!

Bob

I agree with Bob's assessment. I was looking at the this thread on my cell phone and you can enlarge the blown up image even further. I highlighted the areas in red where it now appears the color is yellow (visor, shoulder board, and collar tab)

Taking that into account, the right side collar piping which appears to be white is really yellow. IMO the collar tab is a different shade of yellow, which would match the rest of his uniform components - flight.

Tony
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X