LW NCO Visor with Pink Piping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW NCO Visor with Pink Piping

I just added this Visor into my Collection and now i would like to share it with you, and hope someone can say more about the Color and what it was used for...sure a very rare one
    Attached Files
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Nice original private-purchase EM/NCO visor, but it appears to be Signals piping on my monitor.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Pink on mine, Chris.

Comment

It is definitive Pink just the Cam is not able to bring it out better.....but it is Pink
        Attached Files

Comment

Can you take some pics outside, in natural light?
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Of course i can, but that will not change the Color....Color is pink, clear Pink. Is night outside, so only tomorrow i can do some daylight Pictures. But as long as i am not Colorblind, thats Pink and far away from Signal

Originally posted by Gene View Post
            Can you take some pics outside, in natural light?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 01-26-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Color looks like pink.

Comment

Faded Flack, Engineer or some private purchase version of a Fire Brigade cap?
                Last edited by mjfur; 01-26-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

It’s PINK..sourced a PINK sonderklasse from the nephew of original owner years ago off german ebay...traded for some other headgear...pretty rare..Billbert

Comment

Certainly not Engineers, as it is an "Other Ranks" visor (E.M.'s in US terminology),
                    so probably Luftwaffe ground troops Panzerjaeger related with the Rosa piping....

Luftwaffe Engineers were all officer ranked.

Bob

Comment

The Sun is up and my Garden is the perfect Place for some Pictures. Color still the same, its Pink.....i put the Visor on Top of a matching Tunic with the same Color on the Shoulderboards. And i personal think this is what it was used for.
                      Attached Files

Comment

LW fire service....i.m.o.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Lyons View Post
                          Luftwaffe Engineers were all officer ranked.
                          https://crainsmilitaria.com/index.ph...product_id=775

Description
                          Extensive Soldbuch grouping to Obergefreiter Josef Hommrich, a Luftwaffe engineer who was transfered to the infantry and wounded with the 89.ID in the Eifel, October 1944.
                          Hommrich followed the path of a young man in the Third Reich... he was in the Jungvolk from 1934 to 1937, then in the Hitlerjugend from 1937 to 1939, then in the Reichsarbeitsdienst from 1939 to 1940, until he finally joined the Luftwaffe in July 1940 and was trained as a flying personnel mechanic. He was in many units including the Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 31 and several technical units of Flugzeugführerschule and Fliegertechnische Schule. During this time, he earned the HJ Leistungsabzeichen, the DRL Sportabzeichen, the deutsches Schutzwall Ehrenzeichen, the Fliegerschützenabzeichen and the Tätigkeitsabzeichen für fliegendes Personal.
                          After the invasion in Normandy, the need for front line men became poignant and Hommrich was reschooled into an infantryman. On 1st of October 1944, he joined Grenadier-Regiment 1056, part of the 89. Infanterie-Division that was being rebuilt after its destruction in Normandy. He was immediately deployed in the Eifel area, where he was wounded within a week, on the 7th of October 1944, by shrapnel. With the Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, he earned his sixth award. Recovering in hospital until February 1945, he was finally sent to the Luftwaffe again with leichte Flak-Abteilung 974 (E.Tr.), a railway transport anti-aircraft protection unit that fought in the Berlin area during the last months of the war.
                          The grouping consists of the following:

First issue Soldbuch, pages are loose but it is a 100% complete with a nice portrait photo, lengthy unit lists, three of his awards, and no denazifications.
                          Award document for his Verwundetenabzeichen in the Eifel in October 1944.
                          Award document booklet for the DRL Sportabzeichen, with uniform portrait.
                          Complete Arbeitsbuch, with an extra paper.
                          Luftwaffe Bordwartschein, with qualifications on Junkers Ju88, Ju86 and the rare French captured Caudron C.445 (only 114 built), signed by Oberst Erich Bauer, Kommandeur of Flugzeugführerschule B 18 in Lüben, Silesia.
                          Luftwaffe Rollschein, uncommon permission to taxi airplanes on the ground, with qualification on Junkers Ju88 bomber, also signed by Obest Erich Bauer.
                          Facharbeiterbrief booklet about his civil occupation.
                          A nice collection of about 85 photos all from Hommrich's service, mostly Luftwaffe, with great studio portraits showing his awards, MG shooting, HJ and Jungvolk photos, posing on airplanes, postcards sent as Feldpost, political photos of his father (with propaganda car: 'Jede Stimme den Führer' !), ... and many more.

Comment

Fliegertechnische Schule, Jüterbog 1938
                            Attached Files

Comment

The enigma of Luftwaffe Waffenfarbe.... Obergefreiter Hommrich would have had flight piping from what I read on his tunic. I am sure there were NCO's within the Engineering branch of the Luftwaffe, for example Administrative NCO's (dark green piping), and at a guess, also Fahnrich waiting for their promotion to be approved, but would have worn the piping of their parent Corps.

Of course there were those who bent the rules, so possibly there were NCO's with Rosa piped caps within the NCO's awaiting their promotion to officer status, I am just quoting what the regs stated.

Re the statement from 'oberjaeger' above in regard to the Luftwaffe Fire Service, they had an entirely different style of visor cap, so that can be discounted.

The tunic shown above by 'AntiqueWW2' would have had a standard officer visor cap with this tunic.....

Bob
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X