Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randalls View Post

Randalls, thanks for that.

Unfortunately, the tell-tale under the hood photos were not shown as they were in this thread.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I would also add that if a hat is being posted for authenticity (vs "show & tell"), the phrase "______ Visor for Review & Comment" should be in the title, along with the critical under the hood shots; piping joinders, pasteboard, etc.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

GJ Crusher

I just wanted to say my two cents worth with regards to this ongoing matter.

I sent two emails to Chris re the visor and as you can see there were no threats, rude remarks or attacks. I received no response to either. I have dealt with Chris on quite a few occasions re insignia and those dealings have gone well. At no time did I question his character. However I must say that his response to this matter now begs me to question it immensely.

Email #1. Nov 11th 2018 9:10 pm

Hi Chris

Mark here. The GJ crusher cap has come back as bad. I would appreciate sending it back to you for a full refund. Thanks, Mark.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=981593

Email #2. Nov 12th, 2018 8:00 am

Hi Chris. Not sure if you saw my last email. The GJ crusher is definitely bad. Hoping that you are willing in good faith to refund the $5000 USD.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...22#post8302422

I don't often show off my collection but a sharp eye just recently pointed out some huge issues with this hat.

We have dealt very well together before and I have always been confident in your fairness and honestly so I am not questioning that.

Obviously you didn't know either.

Please let me know.

Thanks, Mark.

I will quickly point out the Estand rules at this point re sellers.

The e-stand is receiving a great number of hits and posts, so in order to optimize the performance of this section I would like to clarify the e-stand rules and make them available by posting them here.

II) Reproductions -

a) Any reproductions sold on this forum must be clearly labeled as such. The sale of fakes will not be tolerated. If you post an item here, you are agree that it may be discussed in the forum by the members.

I am extremely disappointed in the response that Chris has given in the view of the hat being viewed by numerous extremely respected opinions. All of them pointed out the same flaws.

Again this was never an attack on Chris or a let's take my side argument. It has always been about the authenticity of the hat. And it has been proven to be fake put together piece.

Now it's time to do the right thing and pay back the amount of $5000 USD which I think that we can all agree is a sizeable sum. I would certainly have been reasonable with Chris and even done it up to a six month period which is about 5 months more than it took to pay for the cap.

Fortunately I paid via Paypal goods and services so I am hoping that should overturn this mess.

I cannot believe that a member who you have had dealings with quite a few times would stubbornly stand by an obvious fake and have the gall to not do the right thing.

I am certain Chris that if I sold you some fake insignia you would be after me with a vengeance.

Again. What I am asking is not an unfair request. A full refund for a documented fake hat is certainly a fair and ethical solution.

Thanks, Mark.

Comment

There is no question that given the new photos, this cap is bad to the bone.
          Chris, you sold a fake and you need to do the right thing.

Comment

I have given considerable thought about this situation.

Before I go any further, there are a few things I'd like to point out.
            1) Mark, I DID respond to both YOU and PAYPAL.
            Claiming that I did not, casts aspersions on my reputation and integrity.
            2) Several members have changed their initial evaluation of the cap after seeing
            the photos on the inside that Mark posted. I did not take a photo when I first
            posted it because I did not think it was necessary.
            If that photo WAS NEEDED to provide the evaluation I requested before I
            offered it for sale
            why did no one request it at the time??
            When I offer insignia for sale, most interested (and knowledgeable) collectors
            request a photo of the reverse side BEFORE committing to buy.

If this cap is indeed a post war alteration into a crusher, I did not detect it.
            I've had it in my collection for many years, never once having any question about it.
            Several advanced collectors who have viewed the collection never expressed any concern about it either.

I am NOT a dealer and do not sell miitaria for a living.

Even though the purchase was 3 months ago, I will agree to a full refund.
            Mark, you will need to contact PayPal and close your complaint.
            When that has been accomplished and the cap has been returned to me in the condition it was sent,
            I will send youthe refund by PayPal.
            Please acknowledge the above posting after reviewing same.

Comment

Originally posted by cpmil View Post

I will quickly point out the Estand rules at this point re sellers.

The e-stand is receiving a great number of hits and posts, so in order to optimize the performance of this section I would like to clarify the e-stand rules and make them available by posting them here.

II) Reproductions -

a) Any reproductions sold on this forum must be clearly labeled as such. The sale of fakes will not be tolerated. If you post an item here, you are agree that it may be discussed in the forum by the members.

The cap was sold as original, you bought it as an original and were happy with it for two or three months if I understand your correspondence correctly.
              Now as of two days ago you're not happy with it.

I'm not sure your reference to Reproductions is spot on, using it in hindsight or "after the fact". It appears that both you and the Seller believed the visor to be an original.

Couldn't the Seller have referenced this E-Stand Rule to bolster his case?

I) Returns –
              a) Returns must be allowed by the seller for any reason for a period of 7 seven days from when the items arrives.
              b) The item must be returned via traceable means, and in the same exact condition as was received.

Collecting is sticky business. I think in the future you should post your new items immediately for review.
              Last edited by mjfur; 11-14-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

GJ Crusher

Thanks Chris. Obviously that is very much appreciated!!!

Please PM me your address and phone number and I will ship out tomorrow. And as requested cancel the Paypal dispute.

Thanks, Mark.

Comment

This thread, though short, was like a gripping novel. I had to see the conclusion and I'm glad it was a good one for Mark *sigh*.

As I stated in another post yesterday: it's always good to work with a private seller or dealer who will honor a full money back guarantee based on authenticity.

As for BenVK's defense of the rules in the other thread: I also agree with him completely.

Comment

GJ Crusher

I just wanted to update WAF on this hat and the resulting conclusion.

First of all I would like to inform anyone who viewed or took part in this thread that Chris was an absolutely outstanding gentleman and refunded the full amount of the purchase.

He worked with me right through the whole process and did so with utmost professionalism.

Chris was as surprised as was I that this hat was indeed not original and I know with 100% certainty that he did not sell it to try and fool anyone. He even posted it for opinions and only when it was cleared as a hat that seemed original did he then offer it up for sale. (We all know now though that more pics are needed).

I have dealt with Chris quite a few times before when it comes to cloth insignia and I will continue to do so with complete confidence. I always enjoy receiving his lists and pictures of insignia.

Chris has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is one of the really good guys in this hobby.

Thank you Chris !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X