Help With GJ Crusher Please "A Few Questions Have Arisen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With GJ Crusher Please "A Few Questions Have Arisen"

Help With GJ Crusher Please "A Few Questions Have Arisen". Do you see any issues with this cap please?? Thanks, Mark.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

What's your take on the issues mark?
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

It is not for my collection, the piping is corrugated,ste sweatband is not original....and so on

Carlo

Comment

Mark, I have to agree with the above.
                The lining has empty holes and it has been re-pleated.
                Pinking-sheared wool trim.
                Piping is like a roller-coaster.

Hate to say it, but it is a rebuilt cap.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

With the shots from under the sweatband, the issues become so obvious unfortunately, that there is no doubt. I would add the paste board material and bottom row of field grey wool (way too thick) to those areas that give it away.

Still, nice insignia and the leather bill also appears to be real.

Kurt

Comment

I agree with the guys,

Way too many issues for me.
                    Empty sewing holes in the lining and eagle, re-stitched sweatband, pinking shear cut fabric, wonky piping, hand stitched wreath which is trying to mimic machine stitching, dubious pasteboard, weird bit of card under the front spring, etc etc etc

Was this the crusher that was on the estand for $5000?

Comment

GJ Crusher

Thanks guys for all of the excellent input. Hopefully the seller is in a generous mood. Thanks, Mark.

Comment

Add to all the problems mentioned that the mark of a Gebirgsjaeger was the Bergmuetze. Finding a photo of an officer wearing this style cap would be a rare occasion.

Comment

In response to this post:
                          After reviewing the GJ Crusher as well as the evaluations given here thoroughly,
                          Mark opted to buy this cap.
                          I refer readers to the INITIAL evaluations given when I posted it on the forum.
                          After getting ALL POSITIVES, I proceeded to offer it for sale.

There were MANY interested collectors, some requesting a lower price than the
                          $5000, and some requesting time payments.
                          Mark and I initially agreed on a "Time Payment" and the first payment was made,
                          followed immediately by an unexpected payment in full for the balance. Apparently
                          he was eager to have this piece, and perhaps was concerned that one of the other
                          collectors who wanted it would buy it from under him.
                          He later sent a photo of the crusher proudly displayed on an Wrapper mannequin.

Now months later, he has questions about its originality (as posted here on WAF)
                          and some of the persons who saw the cap when I first posted it for evaluation
                          are now have negative comments.

I direct the reader to the very POSITIVE comments from the likes of Jaques F
                          from South Africa, posted on 08/08/2018 and even you STONEMINT!!

Pauke (Gary), I totally agree with you that the "Bergmutze" was the traditional
                          and most commonly worn headgear by GJ; but there are many photos of GJ Officers
                          wearing the visor cap, so a "Crusher" would certainly be possible.
                          Prior to centering my collecting focus on insignia, my main interest was GJ.
                          At one time I had over 20 variations of the bergmutze, visor caps, and only one
                          "crusher". It was obtained from a friend in the Munich area over 30 years ago
                          and in my collection until selling it to Mark.

I firmly stand by this cap for the reasons mentioned above, and therefore WILL NOT agree to a refund or adjustment.
                          Mark has contacted PayPal about this issue as well; I will respond to them with the same response.

Respectfully;
                          Chris Varrichio
                          longislandercjv

Comment

Originally posted by longislandercjv View Post
                            In response to this post:
                            After reviewing the GJ Crusher as well as the evaluations given here thoroughly,
                            Mark opted to buy this cap.
                            I refer readers to the INITIAL evaluations given when I posted it on the forum.
                            After getting ALL POSITIVES, I proceeded to offer it for sale.

There were MANY interested collectors, some requesting a lower price than the
                            $5000, and some requesting time payments.
                            Mark and I initially agreed on a "Time Payment" and the first payment was made,
                            followed immediately by an unexpected payment in full for the balance. Apparently
                            he was eager to have this piece, and perhaps was concerned that one of the other
                            collectors who wanted it would buy it from under him.
                            He later sent a photo of the crusher proudly displayed on an Wrapper mannequin.

Now months later, he has questions about its originality (as posted here on WAF)
                            and some of the persons who saw the cap when I first posted it for evaluation
                            are now have negative comments.

I direct the reader to the very POSITIVE comments from the likes of Jaques F
                            from South Africa, posted on 08/08/2018 and even you STONEMINT!!

Pauke (Gary), I totally agree with you that the "Bergmutze" was the traditional
                            and most commonly worn headgear by GJ; but there are many photos of GJ Officers
                            wearing the visor cap, so a "Crusher" would certainly be possible.
                            Prior to centering my collecting focus on insignia, my main interest was GJ.
                            At one time I had over 20 variations of the bergmutze, visor caps, and only one
                            "crusher". It was obtained from a friend in the Munich area over 30 years ago
                            and in my collection until selling it to Mark.

I firmly stand by this cap for the reasons mentioned above, and therefore WILL NOT agree to a refund or adjustment.
                            Mark has contacted PayPal about this issue as well; I will respond to them with the same response.

Respectfully;
                            Chris Varrichio
                            longislandercjv

I do not recall the original thread--can someone provide a link to it?
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here's the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=970913

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X