another "unknown" M40 tropical cap name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know.
    What is funny is the previous posters defending other obvious fake items but fighting for these being fake in spite of obvious evidence provided in other threads.
    Thats whats funny.

Comment

This seller produce very well made Feldgrau and black piped M34/40 Overseas cap and Panzer/Stug wrapps since 7/8 years. Be careful with him...

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
        On the contrary, there is NOTHING funny about the state of technical detail that nefarious reproduction ‘artists’ have reached, as is evidenced by the example that started this thread.

B. N. Singer
        Agree Completely.
        Mark
        NZ

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
          I know.
          What is funny is the previous posters defending other obvious fake items but fighting for these being fake in spite of obvious evidence provided in other threads.
          Thats whats funny.
          Tunnel-visioned and pointless post - as usual.

Comment

Agree

tunnel-visioned and pointless post - as usual.
            Last edited by msteve21; 11-14-2017, 05:40 PM. Reason: aa

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
              Tunnel-visioned and pointless post - as usual.
              As usual your wisdom is boundless.

Comment

Gents, let's stay on topic please and omit the personal sniping. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks Mike,
                  Feel free to delete my posts that detract from the thread
                  Mark
                  NZ

Comment

Nothing personal.
                    I am just following your and 90th photographic logic thats missing in other subjects.
                    You want to take it to the rattle out of the pram route.

Simply put ....
                    Practice what you preach.

Comment

Sorry Mike - Obviously in some childish universe 'Kammo Boy's' lack of self restraint is acceptable.
                      He's now (the one and only) member on my 'Ignore' list. At least it will increase the intelligence of the thread
                      Mark
                      NZ

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                        Gents, let's stay on topic please and omit the personal sniping. Thank you.
                        I respect this request by the moderator and will not be responding to Owen's personal posts aimed at nothing more than trying to stir with unnecessary derogatory remarks.

However, if more emerges/ develops about the cap (caps), I will post about that,

Chris
                        Last edited by 90th Light; 11-15-2017, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                          On the contrary, there is NOTHING funny about the state of technical detail that nefarious reproduction ‘artists’ have reached, as is evidenced by the example that started this thread.

B. N. Singer
                          Also agree Mr. Singer, and nefarious is exactly what describes the intent behind the production of these caps.
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thank you gentlemen for your contributions to this thread. A lot of us will find it useful.
                            I'd like to highlight three issues that have been raised which will/ might be helpful to all of us in assessing these things.
                            The first is authority. We must not take anything for granted, and that includes the informed views of experienced commentators. I like to think I know a fair bit about these caps, and I do, but I don't know everything and I'm not always on top form, and my analysis is not always correct.
                            The second is faker psychology.
                            Fakers are like the rest of us and they have all sorts of motivations: money of course, the game, taking the piss out of the rest of us, etc. But the best fakers are also usually interested in what they are faking. I think this or these fakers are deliberately getting things wrong — the anachronisms, the "wrong" makers etc. — because everything else they do is so well informed, he/they could probably knock out a really convincing fake.
                            The last is, what next? Obviously its the "perfect fake". Posts on this and the ?other three threads have alighted on what might be the final hurdles — eyelet exterior finish and cap patina.
                            I think eyelet exterior finish has already been cracked. Think back to that Feldstein eyelet. Maybe the washer was too small but its riveting and exterior finish was good, and what about this one

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...48&postcount=2

The cap is obviously fake — no under peak stitching, unknown manufacturer, stamp on the wrong side of the cap, but what an eyelet!
                            Patina, however, has not been cracked.
                            In this context I would like to ask you all to re-look at some of the mint, but apparently OK caps that have turned up recently. They look OK to me but perhaps I've missed something.
                            I've banged this out very quickly so my apologies for anything dodgy.
                            Cheers
                            Mike
                            Attached Files

Comment

I should of course have said mint standard caps. We have of course just been considering mint non-standard caps
                              M

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
                                Sorry Mike - Obviously in some childish universe 'Kammo Boy's' lack of self restraint is acceptable.
                                He's now (the one and only) member on my 'Ignore' list. At least it will increase the intelligence of the thread
                                Mark
                                NZ
                                Calling me Kammo Boy is a pretty good way to make me smile.
                                Australian Mark.

Please put me on your ignore list.
                                I beg you.

you guys just can't face logic.
                                And it shows how thin you skin actually is.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X