No announcement yet.

cammo sniper headgear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got this image off WW2inColor.com showing a Waffen SS soldier off the 36th Waffen SS Grenadier Division, known as 'Sturmbrigade Dirlewanger'.
    Attached Files

Comment

that is field made. there are many pics of field made ones, bu only 1 or 2 of the issued kind. yes, there were actually ski mask things like the one tghis thread is about, but they are infinately rare in photos, let alone an original.

Comment

cold weather/snipers face mask

I acquired these two pieces from the same reliable seller. I'm happy with both of them.

cheers,
        PaulMann

Last edited by PaulMann; 04-04-2013, 07:52 PM. Reason: up

Comment

These items are hard to autenticate, but the cap is not an standard issue. Could be wartime fieldmade, hard to know without rock solid provenance.
          Tom

Comment

The SS-VT side cap button on the splinter cap is an imaginative touch.

Comment

I suspect there would be a major disagreement on what a "reliable dealer" is in this case.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Obstruced vision???

Greetings: I have not handled an original sniper mask and am not sure if they ever were factory produced to measurements of a specific pattern or simply randomly sewn.....but the one concern I have with the sniper face mask being displayed is the eyeholes seem too far apart which appears to obstruct your vision. Would this not be one feature that would have to be guaranteed perfect.??? Also the stature of men has become larger so 70 years ago this vision obstuction would be even worse ? Any comments on this thought?
                Regards
                Zeke

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMann View Post
                  I acquired these two pieces from the same reliable seller. I'm happy with both of them.

cheers,
                  PaulMann

so reliable because there is an identical madk on ebay.de lomax militaria sold as a repro.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X