No announcement yet.

cammo sniper headgear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if this mask was used during a cold "non snow" day, the wearer could simply just cover his mouth with a scarf. We did this as kids when the temps went sub zero to keep our lips and chip from sticking to our jacket zippers. Why are the eyelets are such an issue here?

Comment

A small part of my collection,I think I'm doing fine thank you Willi,and again I only wanted some relevant information on this unusual face mask(not just a posting of "its crap" ) which is just coming to the surface now,By the way Pauli you seem to have some idear of our defence force so you should know that a "markmanship instructor" does not go with a ECN number it goes on your ROA.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'll try to get some more photos of it Cammo Master(thanks again for your input) as I stated at the start of this thread it is in a fellow collectors hands and he is interested in trading me a Tiger stripe shirt for it,I just wanted to make sure it was period made before commiting.

Comment

Dave, some great stuff you have in your collection.
          i cant give you any input on the mask but like you id like to know more about it as i like to learn as well as one can never know every thing and some of the cryptic comments are not at all helpful.
          im always open to the possibility of non regulations things as the only time regulations seem to be remotley obeyed is parade time and even then not always.
          i collect luftwaffe and i can tell you the l.w were one of the worst for non regulation items from leather jckets to boots etc etc.

Comment

mask

Army tunic with SS insignia? Going off your track record of items/knowledge about as much chance as you being a soldier. Richardson/Coleman must love you.
            Enough to know there is no job as a "marksmanship instructor". Anyway cant be bothered with a clown like you anymore.

Comment

Paul - Here is a link to pics of part of my collection. More than half of my Splinters and other countries pieces were still in storage when I took these pics.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...elt+collection

Sadly, i've sold most of the SS zelts but still have close to 100 other zelts here in HK with me.

Mark

Comment

paul j : congratulations on making a fool of your self with your slander.
                A: Dave is an instructor and has been in the service for over 20 years including being involved in many of the "hot" spots of the world.
                B: their has been a review in the past of that ss jacket and it is belived to have been done in ravensbrook as many were done and reissued late war ,yes army re-issued to the ss and their are also period photos of jackets like this as well as plenty of accounts of jackets being blood soaked,washed, fixed up, and re issued to what ever dept requested them.
                C: please if you are going to post cut the insults and put up some thing of intrest other wise as they say "children should be seen and not herad"
                Last edited by pablo10; 02-11-2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

camo master awesome collection you have,
                  cheers

Comment

Nice hood!

Hi, can't say if the mask is period or not but the hood looks to have been constructed from a nice mix of different camo patterns. Also glad to see that the bun fight has finished! Regards David.

Comment

mask

Well you are certainly the zelt master Mark. Did your theme go to post war varients of German zelts? If so have a look at the French one I posted in Indochina thread in the French camo section-do you have much info on this pattern and use?

Comment

In complete honesty Paul, I've never considered myself a master of camo or of zelts. To me, zelts were simply one of the best ways to study German camouflage because they contained such a large piece of fabric making it easier to see the patterns and to study them.

When I joined the forum, I picked the name camo master - it was the first thing that popped into my head. It never even occurred to me that it would be construed that I thought I was "the camo master". Believe me, I do not think or feel that I am. The old saying, " the more you know, the more you know you dont know" could not ring truer here. I have far more questions about German zelts, their production and camo patterns than I have answers for. When the name popped into my head it was more that camo is my master but I did a poor job defining that as it appears to be quite the opposite.

Anyway, I posted a reply to your zelt on the Indo thread. Yes my collection has some post war pieces and also contains period zelts from other countries the Germans used during the war. I tried to make it as well rounded as possible.

Alas we deviate from the original theme of this thread and the question of this mask. I hope we can see some additional photos of it and hear from some other collectors. Im sure we can all benefit from this.
                        Cheers
                        Mark

Comment

Paul, did you get a chance to see my reply on the Indo forum thread?

Comment

mask

Yes, thanks.I've put a reply there.

Comment

Hi Dave,
                              for information your mask is from WWII.
                              I got the same from my 1000% trusted seller from Latvia. Got a lot of pieces from him (P08 parts relic, S-mine 35 to K98 grenade launcher (+AT grenade and AP grenade), german shovel, etc. All 100% WWII.

You can see the pictures on this thread.
                              http://184.172.36.50/forums/showthre...32#post5757032

By the way guys; the mask keep your face warm and the metal eyelets let you breath more easily, also your lips dont touch directly the metal.
                              Notice, you can also pass your fingers through the bottom of the mouth just under the metal eyelets to get a acces without withdraw the mask
                              Everything had been thinking on that kind of mask

A other WWII "freddy" look a like mask ( against frostbite) from a museum. This one is not german.
                              http://peggy-w.hubpages.com/hub/WW2-...t#slide4890911
                              Last edited by overlord06; 02-25-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

(Paul J.) How could you say no way on a 1000% guaranteed item?, from Latvia as well to boot -that should seal the debate.
                                For me this example would clearly indicate they are a collector market made item.Look how poorly it is constructed, even for a late war item but for me the contrived wear on the rear basically leaves no doubt - it is certainly contrived - how would you get worn down wear like that from the nose region of all places, on zelt material? -do you want to guess how many times you would need to wear a mask to get that sort of wear,if at all? It would certainly be more worn on the forehead area but this shows none-no,certainly contrived wear.
                                While I am highly sceptical of these face masks, the other debate for me was the item being sold as a "sniper" mask, it was certainly a dealer put together piece for the collector market for a high mark up which was my concern.
                                Cheers
                                Thanks for your comment.
                                But the back seem more thin than the other side made with the zelt material. The zelt side is at 99% perfect.
                                If all the zelts with traces of wear was fake..

A REAL fieldmade "Sniper mask" with zeltbahn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X