cammo sniper headgear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cammo sniper headgear

Gidday guys,been offered this,looks ok to me but a experts help needed to be sure also what is its value,regards Dave
    Attached Files

cam

Go off your previous sucesses

Comment

First ; the only sniper item see on this photo is face mask but can't say if it it real one or a copy ( without any additional photos ).
      The hood is part of winter uniform ( as far as I see reversed splitertarn ) which was issued to all troops ( not specific for snipers ).
      If you wan to get opinion about those two items than I would suggest you to get better and more detail photos.
      Last edited by anmarlodz; 02-07-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

does this help
        Attached Files

Comment

looks like sadomaso face mask

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
            looks like sadomaso face mask
            Indeed.

What soldier would wear a mask close to his face with so many metal eyelets at mouth level? Try it sometime, especially in the cold.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

That is one horrible friday the 13th looking fantasy item IMO. Run for your life.. regards, Johnno.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                Indeed.

What soldier would wear a mask close to his face with so many metal eyelets at mouth level? Try it sometime, especially in the cold.

maybe some collector should have been soldier before collecting !!!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by david clarke View Post
                        do you remember biker Ed from Pulp Fiction movie?

Comment

Firstly thank you Anmarlodz for your input and I will post some more detailed photos soon(it seem you are the only one so far who knows what he is talking about) and Besslein your comment was quite funny,I have researched a few other forums and posted a few photos to show these items did exist(metal studs and all) including a 1980 NATO cold weather mask with "suprise suprise" metal rivits!!! I HAVE been a infantry grunt for the past 15 years (including a deployment or two) and I do know that when your life is on the line a few adjustments on your clothing,webbing,wpn etc are the norm!!!! and sometimes you wear something that is most uncomfortable for the required situation ie level 3 ceramic body armor plus pack and webbing in the desert!!! I know some one will comment on metal rivits in artic conditions is going to cause frostbite on the lips and all the RED HERRINGS that they can come up with and ETC but the FACT remains THESE ITEMS DID EXSIST during ww2, every person is entitled to his opinion but to the armchair critics who lack the research capability or understanding your opinion should be kept to yourself as you make yourself look like a novice to those in the know,I do not care if someone points out its a fake or repro quite the oppisite in fact as you will save me some money,RANT ended

Comment

Hell ya David,

I totally agree with your rant and am so sick and tired of seeing these kinds of remarks from members of this forum. Its seems they take a quick look at an item and if it isnt txt book there is an immediate hammer on the piece without bothering to consider it might be period - like they've seen everything. There were so many field made and modified items made by the Germans during the war. What the hell is wrong with eyelets on a face mask if its used in the summer and why would anyone use a summer pattern mask in the white of winter anyway. Retarded comment.

If I was a soldier and needed a mask made, I'd take some fabric to a tailor or field repair guy and ask him to make it for me so I could improve my invisibility. Just makes sense and if the sewer put eyelets on it, I dont think I'd care. Perhaps the tailor did not have an sewing eyelet machine handy so he just put eyelets there instead. We'll never know.

From these photos it looks good and very possibly a period field made piece judging by the sewing construction, thread, wear/aging of the cloth and the type of metal eyelets used. The cloth ties also look authentic and I really like the fact that there is one eyelet that doesnt match. Just gives me some confidence in the piece. Just look at the aging of the eyelets - not something easy to reproduce.

……….and if anyone really stopped to look at the fabric in detail, it is original (IMO judging only by the photos here) BUT it is not typical, easy to obtain zelt fabric - back is unprinted white material. There is no way to say with complete certainty but these facts indicate that it is very likely a period piece and one I would welcome in my collection any day.

Comment

Originally posted by LOTHRINGEN View Post
                              maybe some collector should have been soldier before collecting !!!
                              Generally soldiers take what they are given.
                              I do not believe especially during the TR that the soldiers designed their equipment...
                              Just a thought fine scholars

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X