No announcement yet.

The myth about the "Einsatzstab Rosenberg" visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kurt, as I said, excellent work, and I agree with your conclusion 100%.

We have a thread on the Police forum on the Reichspost and Postschutz, with some commentary/photos of the Generalgouvernement ("GG") organisations ("Deutsche Post Osten" & GG Postschutz).

In the GG, the postschutz simply appears to have worn green piping in lieu of the Orange (which was worn in the Reich proper). They did not switch over to RMBO uniforms as best I can tell.

If anyone has access to the uniform regs of the Postal services in the RMBO and GG, I would appreciate the opportunity to see them.

BTW, here is the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=340680
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

So what form of cap did the E.R. wear? A standard RMBO version, or one like that which started this thread, with the smaller eagle, but with a brown vs. green band?

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        So what form of cap did the E.R. wear? A standard RMBO version, or one like that which started this thread, with the smaller eagle, but with a brown vs. green band?
        Arran,

according to the regulations, the E.R. wore visors with brown capbands. Photographic evidence (and there only is one photo known to exist) suggests that they wore the smaller type eagle.

Wanted to add another photo of one of these in wear that was posted by member Buckeru (I hope he won't mind).

Another regular 2nd pattern RMBO tunic (not Rosenberg). It is probably safe to assume that the collar is a darker brown. The capband is a darker shade of color, so are the tabs... you'll be the judge.

Kurt
        Attached Files

Comment

A highly instructive thread! So much conversation on the Forum is dedicated to arguing whether common and familiar items are genuine or not; it is refreshing to be enlightened by research into obscure regalia where we are exposed to information which broadens our collective knowledge. Well done!

Comment

Thanks OSS for the kind words about my research attempts!

Just happened to stumble across another period photo of such a visor in wear & guess what, the gentleman in the pic is wearing a Postschutz buckle.

I hope member Wickie doesn't mind that I repost his images here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=diplomatic

Kurt
            Attached Files

Comment

Kurt, you have driven the point home--count me in as a believer.

Here is another Schellenberg that was improperly stored, that sold at auction for $625:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                (...)

Here is another Schellenberg that was improperly stored, that sold at auction for $625:
                stonemint, now that's a more appropriate price for a Postal worker (even though this one is pretty beaten). Did you notice that the one you just posted was named as well?

Another OBERTELEGRAPHEN - something
                Attached Files

Comment

(...)

Opps, well I have to correct myself. I just took a closer look at the name tag in the visor you posted stonemint and it turns out that it is the exact same hat as this one: http://www.militarycollectiblesinc.c...oducts_id=7867
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good work done Kurt! .
                    Great research with perfect photographic evidence, nice to learn something today

Comment

... so you can't take this as more proof that they existed, it's the same cap named to Obertelegrapheninspektor Wilhelm Rath. Whoever performed the restoration did a great job especially in leaving the name tag in there ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Kurt, brilliant detective work--I would have never caught that. I am not too happy with the dealer selling a (very) restored cap w/o mentioning a word about it. Just shows what is still going on to this day.
                        (as well as a 13x mark-up)
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

... I am not too happy with the dealer selling a (very) restored cap w/o mentioning a word about it. Just shows what is still going on to this day.
                          (as well as a 13x mark-up)
                          Well you have to admit that somebody else may have restored it and then sold it without mentioning this to the dealer.

Comment

More photographic evidence to support the fact that these visors were for the RMBO postal services--note Postschutz buckle:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Another RMBO Postal Official--note dark tabs (credit blockhaus.ru)
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Another RMBO Postal Official--note dark tabs (credit blockhaus.ru)
                                I'd say there is absolutely no doubt that the piping around the collar tabs is NOT silver... that means this guy is not a member of the regular RMBO for sure . Thanks for posting that pic stonemint!

Also, wouldn't you agree that the shade of grey of the cap band rather looks like the shade of those collar tabs (these would have been green with orange piping). It's definitely darker than the collar.

If anyone here happens to personally know Veterans who served in the East (probably rather an administration job), please ask them if they remember anything about the uniforms of the "Eastern Postschutz". Pretty soon, there'll be nobody left to ask...
                                Last edited by Kurt; 03-31-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X