No announcement yet.

The German Chaplain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three hats from an auction I think. Look at the insignia of the two. A field bishop hat is in the center (more later).

The two I would not buy for two Euro's that I borrowed from someone else.

Teh field bishop hat is all wrong in insignia placement. Neither Bishop Rarkowski or Dohrmann would wear such a hat...and there is photographic evidence to substantiate that
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Liontass; 09-04-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Liontass View Post
      Thought I would add this one for a little comic relief. I have no idea WHAT this faker was thinking
      Drugs can be a wild thing, hahaha. What piping is that...a cross between panzer and chaplain!? And, the construction is terrible If only all fakes could be like this...

Comment

I bought that one from Dr Ron years ago - do you think I could get my money back?

Comment

I'm a little late to this AWESOME thread. Thanks for putting in the time to share you research

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
          I bought that one from Dr Ron years ago - do you think I could get my money back?
          BrianK, could you add some better pics of this cap for educational purposes?

Kurt

Comment

These are from the old 1981 French book.

I never cared for the "Feldbischoff" from day one. Note the double purple piping above and below the band.

Second one is one which needs an in-hand:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Agreed --- the FB is a hack job. The cross is UGLY. (and the eagle looks like a parrot)

Neither field bishop ever wore bullion insignia. Both (photos to come) wore a standard metal set of insigina. The bullion was only created to fool collectors out of their money.

There is a large dealer with a field bishop hat, which has been in photos. Its wrong. Bullion insignia with metal cross. I have never seen either field bishop wear that style of hat.

Comment

Here is one I have had a long time, from back when I collected. It has a silver wash on it and is similar to the Assmann ? pattern from the catalog you showed. The photographs don't do it justice, I had a hard time getting the detail.

Gerard
                Attached Files

Comment

Dear Chris, thanks for this informative thread. I think you still remember that I own one of your ex late war visors.

Comment

This was sold on a "List it yourself" auction some years ago with the following description:

Feldbischof Theodor Krieger's
                    Wehrmacht Officer's Peaked Visor Cap

This listing is for the Army Field Bishop's peaked visor cap,
                    Letter of authenticity and period letter sent to Herr Feldbischof Krieger on March 26, 1944.

The period letter is Minister Meissner's birthday congradulation in which the chief of the Reichskanzlei informs Field Bishop Krieger on his being awarded the Knights Cross of the War Service Cross. In addition to conferring the Führer's birthday wishes, Meissner advises that the bishop will recieve this high medal from Adolf Hitler himself when he is visititing the army group.

Bishop Theodor Krieger was killed in action during the last months of the war in February 1945. He was helping to save severely wounded soldiers from Russian fire when he was struck by a Russian sniper's bullet.

The images show the excellent condition of this visor cap. No snags or mothing. The cap maker is Cobra. The hat size is not marked
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Did I mention that it went for $4,050?
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        This was sold on a "List it yourself" auction some years ago with the following description:

Feldbischof Theodor Krieger's
                        Wehrmacht Officer's Peaked Visor Cap

This listing is for the Army Field Bishop's peaked visor cap,
                        Letter of authenticity and period letter sent to Herr Feldbischof Krieger on March 26, 1944.

The period letter is Minister Meissner's birthday congradulation in which the chief of the Reichskanzlei informs Field Bishop Krieger on his being awarded the Knights Cross of the War Service Cross. In addition to conferring the Führer's birthday wishes, Meissner advises that the bishop will recieve this high medal from Adolf Hitler himself when he is visititing the army group.

Bishop Theodor Krieger was killed in action during the last months of the war in February 1945. He was helping to save severely wounded soldiers from Russian fire when he was struck by a Russian sniper's bullet.

The images show the excellent condition of this visor cap. No snags or mothing. The cap maker is Cobra. The hat size is not marked
                        hi stonemint

could you tell me this COBRA bishop example shown here is the pakistan example seen a few years ago?

warmest regards
                        Last edited by L11-VELASCO; 09-13-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                          Did I mention that it went for $4,050?

OMG!!!!! SOB that is insane!!!! Hopefully, what we have posted so far, will convince buyers that this hat is JUNK.

Look if you can find a Field Bishop's hat for $4000, or 4000 Euro, you are getting screwed!!

A NAMED Field Bishop's hat is a 10-15000 hat. There were only two Field Bishops in WW2....that's it....TWO. You will not find one.

I'll start will the FB hats tomarrow.

Sorry for the misspellings....too much ChateauNeuf du Paap tonight

Comment

This fake should not fool anybody, but it will get someone someday. It is one of the Carl Derwig fakes, and is on eban right now:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A nice pic of a Catholic Chappy (credit: Harris collection):
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I know we are a headgear forum, but there is a nice piped Chappy tunic on the e-stand right now. Nice pics of the 'farbe:
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X