Hermann Meyer Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermann Meyer Hat

Ok, I got my hat back and refunded money. I'm glad to have it back so now it can be seriously discussed. No name calling please.

I noticed some things I didnt notice before. I took the neck flap off and saw a very light Roman Nurmaral VII. Is this a hat makers mark??
    Attached Files

The VII shows much better in person. I know most Meyer caps have a cello circle sewn into crown. It confused me because I could feel something but knew it wasnt cello. I had to know and made a cut in liner to see what was used. It is a mesh meterial that seems to be treated with some kind of waterproof chemical. I was glad to find out the hat "guts" didnt have some kind of modern meterial.
    Attached Files

Comment

I put the inner padding under blacklight. It doesnt glow. Why would a "faker" use a period WWII padding meterial that couldnt be seen?
      Attached Files

Comment

Very unusual buttons. They are cloth covered bakelight with tiny zink eyelets. Wouldnt a "faker" use something more "known" then this type of button?
        Attached Files

Comment

The "butt" seam on top row of piping is expertly done. It has several tiny stitches. "Fakes" I have seen tend to only have a couple of stitches and not as well done.
          Attached Files

Comment

It has a Sudatenland maker mark with eagle. This would explain the minor diffrences as compaired to German made ones. My camera cant capture the much darked color of liner. It is a deeper red in person.
            Attached Files

Comment

Stiffner
              Attached Files

Comment

The hidden board inside the stiffiner is black treated board. The paistboard is the same. This is correct for a period cap.
                Attached Files

Comment

There is a great shadow behind the stiffner that shows much better in person.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Inside gromments have no retaining washers but have correct number of splits.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The gromments look like a brass plated magnetic metal and painted with brown baked on enamal.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Outside of hat shows age. It seems like it was treated with some kind of waterproof chemical.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Back of buttons. Cloth covering is in 2 pieces. Its a very complicated button and not sewn through paistboard. Why would anybody trying to "fool" use an expensive and complicated button like this? Expecially whan you never see theas on Meyer hats...
                          Attached Files

Comment

The flap holes are very well sewn. They look much like the holes on original shoulder boards.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Now, if people think the hat is fake, thats fine. If you think so, please let me know what you dont like about it. Thanks in advance for comments!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X