No announcement yet.

Post your Kriegsmarine headgear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at this KM admiral cap. It's a very similary eagle.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ral+cap&page=4

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post

I would never pay 12500$ for that cap.

But this one at an auction house was a ver fair price and a great cap.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I like the HH visor--imo, that was a bargain price. However, it probably went "cheap" due to the fact that it was made by an obscure maker (whom I have never heard of before), and had celleon insignia.

Anyone else heard of Hugo Poppe of Wilhelmshaven?
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Frankly, in terms of rarity, KM Admiral visors are rarer than their Heer counterparts--based on that criteria alone, they should be worth more than a WH General visor.

I would assume there were less KM Admirals than LW Generals as well?

(& Anyone know the total # of KM Admirals during the TR?)
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I like the HH visor--imo, that was a bargain price. However, it probably went "cheap" due to the fact that it was made by an obscure maker (whom I have never heard of before), and had celleon insignia.

Anyone else heard of Hugo Poppe of Wilhelmshaven?

Talking about this maker I only have this reference, but it's strange to find another maker with same style of shield, same town, street, ... I really don't know what think about this. What do you think?
              Attached Files
              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Frankly, in terms of rarity, KM Admiral visors are rarer than their Heer counterparts--based on that criteria alone, they should be worth more than a WH General visor.

I would assume there were less KM Admirals than LW Generals as well?

(& Anyone know the total # of KM Admirals during the TR?)

Around 170-175 ???
                Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                  Talking about this maker I only have this reference, but it's strange to find another maker with same style of shield, same town, street, ... I really don't know what think about this. What do you think?

Eduardo--

Poppe would have to be a distributor, as would Marine-Finke (which is also a new one to me.)

I have no idea who might be the maker, but it is not one of the common ones we all know.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I have not at all a problem with a rare marker. The only and one problem is, is the cap original or fake.
                    I'm absolut shure there are a lot of very rare marker of caps, independence Heer, KM etc. of whitch most of us did never heard about them.

I had the cap at the auction day in my hands and I like what I see.
                    What a pity I did not bought it.

Cheers,
                    steiner99

Comment

Well, of course, that's the first place I look when I'm seeking a bargain.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

French-made KM senior officer visor from the collection of advanced collector Victor P:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Kaleun visor from the U-274 from the collection of my good friend Jody B:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Check out the padding on that KM wreath:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A homage to the "Great Escape" in the desert (ie, from Papago Park):
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

KM Caps

Hello,
                                Those are great caps, I even used to own the French made one. I love that admirals cap-wow.

BTW, great time tonight. You have to love my new avatar.

Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X