Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

-8-
            Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

Originally posted by Gebirgsjäger View Post
              well, I certainly don't want to be the party popper here but I wouldn't be doing you a favor either by not saying anything. Headgear (especially marine) has been by passion for a good decade or so and having many KM caps in my possession, both imperial and KM, I can say with complete certainty that yours is highly suspect.
              Please..do tell. I had a couple of long time KM collectors check it out for me, but I am totally open to your learned comments. You can post, or PM, or email me, whatever you are most comfortable with.

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

..... I can say with complete certainty that yours is highly suspect.
                I would be EXTREMELY interested to know what you are seeing that makes you say this. Please elaborate.

Comment

Really, do I need to state the obvious? Exactly what notable KM colkectors gave u the thumbs up? The fabric of the cap alone , and the piping weave? The eagle? And the fact that someone thought it was necessary to place KN initials everywhere? Its is meant to be an NCO cqp without a strap. This ones a stinker IMO

Comment

I hope this one's okay. I bought it from Peter v L.

Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

Really, do I need to state the obvious?
                      Some might disagree with your observations, but rather than derail this great thread, perhaps Richard could provide additional photos, in a separate thread, covering any aspects of the cap anyone would care to see.

Comment

New thread on my cap this one can stay on track.

LINK: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post4978217

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
                          With a grey eagle?

Is this KM?

Ron,

Your post #222 looks like a Heer panzer sidecap in SS cut from the outside. If the cap is definitely black with panzer insignia, it could possibly be panzer. The blue interior would sure lead me to believe KM, and you do see KM sidecaps in black as well as dark blue.

Perhaps someone found it stripped and re-badged it as panzer? Either way it does appear original.

All your stuff posted is great as usual! Thanks!

Richard

Comment

It's been a while since I last added a Kriegsmarine visor to my collection but here is a recent addition. Just felt I had to snap it up as it's not only distibuted through the OKK but also made by Erel...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X