No announcement yet.

TR Visors in Film/TV--Post 'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you capture those images ? They are so clear...

Comment

The costume on Brando does look particularly good. I just don't quite like the positioning of the collar insignia. It would look much more believable if the Litzen were closer to the front and parallel with the top fold of the collar leaving the stylish collar points exposed below.

Paul

Comment

How 'bout this travesty of a film?!:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Great film, lousy visor:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The majority of the uniforms in "The Desert Fox" were real. They even got Rommel's goggles right:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Another shot of Mason's visor:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This 1955 German film also used a lot of original uniforms:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

"Under Ten Flags" from 1960. I haven't seen it in about 25 years, but it had a lot of nice KM uniforms. It was about the raider Atlantis:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

KM Blue visor:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Travesty

I was looking for a better shot of Jerrys visor but allI could find were the ones without the adler. Must be offensive...
                      Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      How 'bout this travesty of a film?!:

Comment

Originally posted by crowback View Post
                        Brando-

Ha Ha! I was going to start a thread awhile back about visor caps in the movies but never got around to it. Brando's cap in 'The Young Lions' was one that I was going to mention. If you watch the film, look carefully for the scene later in the film when his chincords disappear and reappear several times depending on the camera angle. This scene may have taken many days to complete, and probably a different cap was used by mistake from one set-up to the other. His tunic really can't be faulted except for the shoulderboards which are much too wide. In the DAK sequences, however, the M-41 caps are hideous - even worse than Harrison Ford's in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' !

Comment

Similarly, in the excellent film 'The Train' with Burt Lancaster, there is a sequence where a german officer is wearing a totally different visor cap, from one camera-angle to another, complete with different colored piping!
                          Also notice Paul Scofields's RK is really an EKII!

In another great film, 'Triple Cross' with Christopher Plummer, he and a french actor are driving down the road in a staff car wearing german uniforms. The adler on the frenchman's cap is missing. Soon an American fighter plane strafes them and they stop the car and jump into a ditch to take cover. When they emerge from the ditch the eagle has miraculously returned to the frenchman's cap! Obviously, the scene was shot in reverse order, with the ditch-jumping sequence filmed prior to the driving down the road! That's why they need to hire technical advisors like me to prevent this silly $hit from happening!

Comment

Pianist

SS from The Pianist -
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post
                              ...His tunic really can't be faulted except for the shoulderboards which are much too wide.
                              Note my comment regarding his collar insignia, above. Poorly positioned IMO, but otherwise nice.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                                Night of the Generals is O Toole I believe...Billbert
                                Hans Helmet Kirst was a master writer, his NOTG is superb. I have been collecting his other books in Hardback First edition "English" for several years.

I would just love it if some film studio would make "Officer Factory" I can only but hope.

J T

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X