Visor caps on "hogan's Heroes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuftMike View Post
    Just pulling thsi one to the top, the epsiode was called "Paint the Luftwaffe Red." The Heroes were contracted to paint the inside of Luftwaffe Headquarters in Hammelburg. One of the Heroes swung around a paint roller on a broomhandle (reaching high places) and knocked the cap off his head. When he picked it up and replaced it, it was actually the winged cockade that had fallen off. For some reason they didn't bother to re-shoot it.
    Ha-ha! Very good Mike! Actually when I wrote that my memory was torn on whether it was the adler or the wreath that fell off. Looks like I picked the wrong one! But I still remember it as happening in the barracks. I guess I'm getting too old . . .

Thanks for the refresher!

Dead-Ringer Russky!

Comment

French Hogan's heroes!

Hi,

as a french and also Hogan's heroes TV sequels addict, i 've been in touch (2010) for a little while by E-mail, with Robert Clary (Corporal Louis LeBeau - Hogan's french resistant).
      I learned a lot reading his website about his early parisian life.
      Unfortunately, as jew he was (as papa Schulz) arrested and sent to a concentration camp during the war.

in 1946 he left France for USA. I noticed, because i'd like to speak in french with him, that he forgot totally the "Lafayette"'s language , after all this years.

He had a great singer carrer until his current retirement.

Always great memories to have been in touch with him.

Niko - France
      Last edited by niko_france; 01-09-2013, 05:44 PM. Reason: wrong vocabulary

Comment

Originally posted by hi-revr View Post
        I couldn't resist, not hat related but interesting in that it is unlikely these insignia would have been repros in 1967. He also had the overcoat with proper boards.
        The SS officer in the background has a Heer eagle on his left arm.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGgtPzqf620

The "hat knocked off" scene is at 9:10. Notice Carter's broom - a modern plastic one. Funny what I never caught when I was ten...

Don

Comment

That's not the episode I remember at all. I clearly recall Klink throwing his cap down himself, and I was sure it happened in the barracks. Maybe I'm confusing that episode and this one together.

Notice in this episode that Don has posted, it is clearly not Klink's usual schirmutze. He must not have wanted to subject his favorite cap to that kind of abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post
              That's not the episode I remember at all. I clearly recall Klink throwing his cap down himself, and I was sure it happened in the barracks. Maybe I'm confusing that episode and this one together.

Notice in this episode that Don has posted, it is clearly not Klink's usual schirmutze. He must not have wanted to subject his favorite cap to that kind of abuse.
              It's the same when an arrow is shot through Klinks window and holes his cap...that's another one and not his usual one.

Comment

Another original crusher used in a movie?
                Attached Files

Comment

I would say an original visor, but it looks like the visor itself is not leather.

Don

Comment

There was an auction house in Eagle, WI (now closed) that sold off a large collection of TV memorabilia over a decade ago. Items included Hogan's cap (for $9100), Klink's monocle and Schultz's helmet... here's a link to part of an article: http://business.highbeam.com/2929/ar...-bob-crane-hat

I wrote to Klink as a kid and asked for an autographed picture. I got a signed, black and white 5x7 sometime later. He was wearing his fur-collared overcoat.
                    Last edited by paulj; 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Overcoat from the show!

About 3 or 4 years ago, a militaria dealer in Australia (I.S.Wright Ballarat)actually had an original WW2 Luftwaffe EM's overcoat from the show. I remember it still had the clear size and depot ink stamps, along with the film production house stamps also. I think it was dated "1939". The only real modification from it's original issued state was large, oversized EM's collar tabs. They must have decided that the originals were too small to make an impact on camera! In hindsight, at $ 750 I really should have bought it........ I loved that show as a kid!

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
                        There was an auction house in Eagle, WI (now closed) that sold off a large collection of TV memorabilia over a decade ago. Items included Hogan's cap (for $9100), Klink's monocle and Schultz's helmet... here's a link to part of an article: http://business.highbeam.com/2929/ar...-bob-crane-hat

I wrote to Klink as a kid and asked for an autographed picture. I got a signed, black and white 5x7 sometime later. He was wearing his fur-collared overcoat.
                        Klink's monocle was stolen... http://youtu.be/UBn0zpORo5c

What a class act he was!!!
                        Steve

Comment

Not from Hogan's Heros, but another 1960's comedy.

Artie Johnson's doppelgaenger.
                          Very interesting...

Marcus

Fotos from : BUNDESARCHIV
                          NBC-LAUGHN-IN
                          Attached Files

Comment

I love the picture of O E Hasse, from which film is that?

Thank you

Comment

All of my visor books are currently in storage, but this manufacturers logo looks familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jody View Post
                                Hi J T,
                                Bob Crane was murdered right here in my state of Arizona in the city of Scottsdale on June 29, 1978. The man who murdered Crane was named John Carpenter. Yes, Crane was a sex addict in the worse way and hundreds of videotapes were found in the condo of Crane having sex with women and even some group orgies. I know a now retired Scottsdale Police officer who worked on the case.

Stonemint and I are getting together near the end of this month and we should have our photo taken outside the condo that Crane was murdered in. Another good friend of mine and I know where it is located at.

Regards,
                                Jody
                                Another old post, but I remember the trial in the 1990s of John Carpenter. I was a prosecutor later in the same County. The prosecutor in the office next to mine tried the Carpenter case. He was bitter about it.

The case was not brought for years since they couldn't connect Carpenter directly with Crane's death. They had a lot of circumstantial evidence, but no evidence of Crane being dead around Carpenter. When they reexamined the case, years later, they noticed some police pictures of blood in Carpenter's car. The medical examiner determined that in the blood there was a piece of brain matter. That was the connection used to bring the case. The idea being that Crane was hit in the head and the brain matter was Crane's and it ended up in Carpenter's car when he was leaving the scene.

The prosecutor asked the medical examiner if he would testify under oath that the picture showed for certain that it was brain matter in Carpenter's car. The medical examiner said yes he would testify as such. At trial the medical examiner would only say it could be brain matter, but he could not say for certain. The prosecutor was angry. He said he knew the case was over and he never would have filed the case had the medical examiner not been certain of the identification of the matter in the picture.

So Carpenter was not convicted of Crane's murder.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X