Visor caps on "hogan's Heroes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor caps on "hogan's Heroes"

Mirroring a thread on the Helmet Forum on Sgt Schultz's helmet, I was wondering if the visor cap experts here have any comments on the varied visor caps worn on the Hogan's Heroes TV show. I'm not sure how available replicas were back in the 60s, but the headgear on the show has an authentic look to it. There were quite a variety of visor caps shown, including Heer, Luftwaffe & SS. The SS caps shown, if real, would be worth a small fortune at todays prices, but seeing that 40 years ago prices were much less, and they were (and still are - admit it! ) not that rare, it's possible that real ones could have been obtained for the program.

I happened to be channel surfing a few days ago, and encountered a local cable station running "Hogan's Heroes." I watched for perhaps a minute or two, since Col. Klink was onscreen, in full regalia. I can't speak to other caps, but his was clearly adorned with enlisted insignia; metal cockade & wings, and metal eagle.

Comment

Wow - climb in the Way Back machine!

I haven't watched reruns of this show for many years, but I seem to recall thinking long ago that Schultz's collar tabs were wrong.

Can't remember much else, but I'm going to Tivo it tonight.

Comment

Good topic. Klink's hat was a Hollywood mock-up, and a poor one at that--look at the cast (lead?) insignia (and its not cast from an original):
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This looks like the same SS hat worn by Kirk in the Star-Trek Nazi episode:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Looks like General Burkhalter's insignia was real--anyone got a better pic?:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Fabulous pics, Stonemint. Agree on Klink's cap. How did you get such a fine picture??

Comment

I see - all, or mostly all repros. They used quite a varirty of SS caps on the show, including Alg., jawless TK, and Waffen SS. Based on the frequency of real ones' appearances here - a new acquisition every few weeks - one might be fooled into thinking they could have used the real thingon the show! :

Comment

I always blame Hogan's Heroes for my future interest in militaria. I watched that show all the time when I was a kid - one of the first things I ever "made" was a copy of Schultz and Klink in Klink's motorcycle sidecar - out of Play-Do - I think my Dad still has it somewhere...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Don

Comment

Say, what do you think of Major Hochstetter's collar tab in Stonemint's pic!

Comment

How about some visors from "Star Trek"?!:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I guess they couldn't find a size 67 visor for this guy:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Another fathead:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X