No announcement yet.

Visor caps on "hogan's Heroes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to bump this thread back from the dead. I found a repro Luft visor without an eagle so I put a large poor repro breast eagle on it to get the Col Klink look. Anyone else got a large, metal droop-tail eagle? Or a big metal oversized wreath? Halloween is right around the corner after all!
    Attached Files

Comment

big eagle

Comment

???
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          Another fathead:
          Leaves little to the imagination???

Comment

I see Crane's famous leather bomber jacket with his AAF insignia and Hogan name tag fetched like 60+k the other day in auction. The most interesting thing is not only was this same jacket worn by Greg Kinear in the Bob Crane Story movie a few yars ago,for authinticity,but sans the Hogan name patch it was also worn earlier by Frank Sinatra in Von Ryan's Expess,on of my all time fave movies. That was quite a well travled movie prop! I wonder if our cohort"oldFlagsWanted" has the KrFlg seen on the opening credits flying in front of the Stalag??

Comment

Only $40,000! What a bargain....

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/l...b-8c01370e1073

Comment

I wonder if there is any items from Hogan's Heroes in the Smithsonian?
                I know they have items like The Fonz's Jacket from Happy Days, Archie Bunker's chair and other little trinkets from popular shows.

Hmmm?

Regards,
                JustinG

Comment

juuuuust a bit outside my price range. Loved that show. I was fortunate enough to get a couple of the guys to autograph my HH book. Although it took a few rounds as Richard Dawson said he's sign my book, I sent it to him...and he kept it.

Originally posted by MattS View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post

I don't remember the rest of the episode, but there is a scene where Klink is in the POW barracks surrounded by Hogan and his heroes, and he throws his visor cap to the floor in frustration. All the actors look down as if something went wrong, but they resume acting. Then when Klink grabs his cap and storms out the door, the adler is clearly missing from it. It must have fallen off when it hit the floor, but they figured no one would notice so they didn't bother to reshoot the scene! But I never miss that type of 'blooper' when it comes to uniformen!
                    Just pulling thsi one to the top, the epsiode was called "Paint the Luftwaffe Red." The Heroes were contracted to paint the inside of Luftwaffe Headquarters in Hammelburg. One of the Heroes swung around a paint roller on a broomhandle (reaching high places) and knocked the cap off his head. When he picked it up and replaced it, it was actually the winged cockade that had fallen off. For some reason they didn't bother to re-shoot it.

Comment

skajfkajfakjfakjflka

I couldn't resist, not hat related but interesting in that it is unlikely these insignia would have been repros in 1967. He also had the overcoat with proper boards.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Neat pic! Makes me think there were a few original uniforms floating around the Western Costume Company mixed in with the others in the 60s..

Comment

I really did not know where else to post these photos, but this thread seemed like the best place --

Comment

Nice get up!!! Wearing that out to the nightclubs of Chicago???

Comment

I enjoyed reading this thread and have a bit of information to add:
                              I had the pleasure of personally examining Klinks Luger before it was auctioned off by the Stembridge Movie Rental Comany several years ago. Much to my surprise it was a 1920's Commercial in 7.65mm. It was a U S import with "Germany" clearly stamped on the frame.
                              As an aside: I was also given the opportunity to examine all the Cartwrights(Bonanza) pistols from the same source. It's fortunate they were only used with blanks as none of them were in truly servicable condition.
                              Jim

Comment

Russky-Spy, that is classic--you really look the part!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X