• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klink

from his Army days
    Attached Files

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that the actor who played Hogan, got himself killed by a buddy in an argument, they used to turk ladies they picked up together in group therapy sessions. Apparently he was a sex addict. His buddy denied it to the end

there was an episode of Wonder Woman with absolute crap SS uniforms... Best uniform in that show obviously was Linda Carter's, with the bumps in all the right places.

How about the uniforms used in British 1980's TV comedy Allo Allo..

Some of these were pretty good, the ranks looked right, take a look if you get the chance

J T
      Last edited by sturmbannfuhrer; 07-17-2008, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Bob Crane

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
        I remember reading somewhere that the actor who played Hogan, got himself killed by a buddy in an argument, they used to turk ladies they picked up together in group therapy sessions. Apparently he was a sex addict. His buddy denied it to the end
        J T
        Hi J T,
        Bob Crane was murdered right here in my state of Arizona in the city of Scottsdale on June 29, 1978. The man who murdered Crane was named John Carpenter. Yes, Crane was a sex addict in the worse way and hundreds of videotapes were found in the condo of Crane having sex with women and even some group orgies. I know a now retired Scottsdale Police officer who worked on the case.

Stonemint and I are getting together near the end of this month and we should have our photo taken outside the condo that Crane was murdered in. Another good friend of mine and I know where it is located at.

Regards,
        Jody

Comment

Bob Crane's addiction

I suppose that's not the worst addiction to have - if you can avoid getting murdered by jealous husbands.....

Comment

Klinks Visor

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
            I would venture that Colonel Klink is the most recognized Luftwaffe officer, in the world. I would love to own his visor hat....a true piece of history.

Bob Hritz

ps: I am dead serious!
            Bob, I'm with you!! I'd trade my Erel for his visor ANYDAY...as long as I knew it was his of course!! Alex

Comment

When you think about it, this thread is pretty silly in the broad context of this forum.

But think how amazing it was that HH hit it big only 25 years after the end of the War!

Can you imagine a series like this today?

Think of Klink's visor on E-bay, verus the real thing!

That reminds me - need to renew my PEOPLE subscription.

Comment

I would venture that Colonel Klink is the most recognized Luftwaffe officer, in the world. I would love to own his visor hat....a true piece of history.

Bob Hritz

ps: I am dead serious!
                Bob,

It may interest you to know that Werner Klemperer (Col. Klink) was a member of the New York Chamber Symphony, and in the early 90's, he came here to perform at an outdoor ampitheater (Riverbend Music Center if any of you know it . . .) as a guest narrator/conductor (yes, a CONDUCTOR!) with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra. At the time, I had a friend that was a very prominent supporter of the Orchestra, and we were able to meet Werner. Much to everyone's chagrin, I asked him what he had done with his uniform from his Hogan's Heroes days. He was actually very delighted to talk about his time on the show, and said that he still had a few of his "stage clothes" - nothing more specific. I asked if I could give him my contact information, and that if he ever felt that he could part with any of it, I would be very interested . . .

I never did hear from him, and all of these years I have been left curiously unanswered as to what ever happened to those "stage clothes" he referred to.

During the time we spent with him that evening, he had such a very charming personality - always very cheerful and very conversational. He was one of those types of people that looked you in the eye and always gave you the impression that he cared only about what you were saying at the time you were speaking - a true gentleman. From that day on, I was even that much more of a fan . . .

Just thought you might enjoy that little "curiosity" . . .

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                  Bob,

It may interest you to know that Werner Klemperer (Col. Klink) was a member of the New York Chamber Symphony, and in the early 90's, he came here to perform at an outdoor ampitheater (Riverbend Music Center if any of you know it . . .) as a guest narrator/conductor (yes, a CONDUCTOR!) with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra. At the time, I had a friend that was a very prominent supporter of the Orchestra, and we were able to meet Werner. Much to everyone's chagrin, I asked him what he had done with his uniform from his Hogan's Heroes days. He was actually very delighted to talk about his time on the show, and said that he still had a few of his "stage clothes" - nothing more specific. I asked if I could give him my contact information, and that if he ever felt that he could part with any of it, I would be very interested . . .

I never did hear from him, and all of these years I have been left curiously unanswered as to what ever happened to those "stage clothes" he referred to.

During the time we spent with him that evening, he had such a very charming personality - always very cheerful and very conversational. He was one of those types of people that looked you in the eye and always gave you the impression that he cared only about what you were saying at the time you were speaking - a true gentleman. From that day on, I was even that much more of a fan . . .

Just thought you might enjoy that little "curiosity" . . .

Brad
                  His father was the renowned Otto Klemperer, lead conductor of the Kroll Opern Haus until 1931. Being a Jew, he fled Germany in 1933, when he came to the USA. You can see a little of Werner in this pic:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Klink's visor cap

I can't remember exactly where, but I think I read that Klink's visor cap was sold at an auction several years ago. An internet search may turn something up on this. I do know for sure, that the famous coffee pot llistening device that was connected to Klink's office, was sold by the Profiles In History auction company in CA a couple of years ago.

Comment

Otto Klemperer kept a detailed diary of what it was like in Germany in the 20's and early 30's - it is often cited in histories of the period. Werner was apparently an accomplished musician and conductor in his own right.

Don

Comment

Werner was an accomplished violinist. He found acting to be his passion, but always cared deeply for music. He, according to everything I read, was a charming gentleman of old world manners and politeness. One rarely hears of 'personalities' having such lauditory remarks.

Bob Hritz

ps: The spiked helmet, on Klink's desk, with Hogan's crusher hanging from the spike, would be a fine accoutrement to having Klink's hat and monocle!
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

?

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                          His father was the renowned Otto Klemperer, lead conductor of the Kroll Opern Haus until 1931. Being a Jew, he fled Germany in 1933, when he came to the USA. You can see a little of Werner in this pic:
                          I see a lot of Donald Sutherland !

Comment

I wonder what Werner (being a master with violin) had to do to play the clumsy Klink who in one of the episode ( I think it was "Kommandant Gertrude") played such a terrible violin solo.

Werner was the best. He is missed...

Comment

ps: The spiked helmet, on Klink's desk, with Hogan's crusher hanging from the spike, would be a fine accoutrement to having Klink's hat and monocle!
                              Bob,

I think most anything from Klink's uniform might be quite a prize - even his riding crop as well! If I am ever fortunate enough to find something genuine, I promise to share with you!

Brad

Comment

If you look closely, you'll see that the picklehaube in the picture at the beginning and end of every episode, which supports Hogan's crusher, has a much taller spike than the one sitting on Klink's desk.

I'd love to be proved wrong on this, but I've also noticed that no 1934 pattern full-jawed skull was ever used on an SS cap in any episode. Only the earlier jawless pattern, and even occasionally the smaller Heer traditions-type skull & crossbones!

I don't remember the rest of the episode, but there is a scene where Klink is in the POW barracks surrounded by Hogan and his heroes, and he throws his visor cap to the floor in frustration. All the actors look down as if something went wrong, but they resume acting. Then when Klink grabs his cap and storms out the door, the adler is clearly missing from it. It must have fallen off when it hit the floor, but they figured no one would notice so they didn't bother to reshoot the scene! But I never miss that type of 'blooper' when it comes to uniformen!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X