• Show
Clear All

'frog, how bout these tabs:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Star Trek

Hi Chris,
      Great pics and here is another one form the old Star Trek. BTW, it was one of my favorite episodes, I bet it was yours too. Like Hogan's Heroes, we have two Jewish actors wearing the SS uniforms.

Jody
      Attached Files

Comment

I would venture that Colonel Klink is the most recognized Luftwaffe officer, in the world. I would love to own his visor hat....a true piece of history.

Bob Hritz

ps: I am dead serious!
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hogan's Heroes

Hello,
          Did anyone know that Ivon Dixon died on March 16, 2008. That just leaves two cast members alive from the show.

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Every TR collector should have a set of Hogan's Heroes on DVD. They hold up wonderfully well after 40 years, even after repeated viewings. If you only see them on cable or satellite TV you are getting cheated - every episode I have seen there has been cut from its full 25 minute running time to fit a new timeslot with commercials.

Comment

I remember reading an article years ago while the series was still active that veterans who survived as German held POW's were outraged by the series for the depiction of the experience as a "lark". I personally worked with a guy who was drafted late in the war and wound up after a short basic training session in Europe in time for the Battle of the Bulge. He and some buddies were captured by the Germans as they huddled in a cold, covered fox-hole. He went in about 180 pounds and emerged at about 100 -- having been fed nothing but a diluted potato soup.
              On the other hand, the closest thing to a "Hogan's Heros" type atmosphere was enjoyed by German prisoners held in the states who recount stories of being able to sneak off-camp into the local town to party.

Comment

My Dad always hated Hogans Heroes since he was in a German POW camp for a year and a month. Stalag Luft I, Zemke's camp. He kept some great cartoon diaries of camp life, etc. I always liked the show and never missed an episode.

Richard P

Comment

Maxim on what's funny

Remember the old motto on humor: Tragedy + Time = Comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                    Remember the old motto on humor: Tragedy + Time = Comedy.
                    Amen to that...but I wasn't the one eating potato soup gruel. Read "Slaughterhouse Five" by the late Kurt Vonnegut...

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      Kirk's visor is East German. No bottom piping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                        I would venture that Colonel Klink is the most recognized Luftwaffe officer, in the world. I would love to own his visor hat....a true piece of history.

Bob Hritz

ps: I am dead serious!
                        I agree!!! Great post because HOGAN'S HEROES ( STALAG 13 in FRANCE) bounced my childhood. I am ready to exchange my LW officer cap with KLINK's one!!!!!!! Real piece of history ( mine of course...). I did not remember the STAR TREK episode with germans. Have you got a thread? Many thanks. Sébastian.

Comment

Burkhalter's overcoat looks like it has a chance...

Don

Comment

Stonemint (going back about 6 replies) -

Who the heck is that guy?

Comment

Kirk

Doubtful. East Germany existed and Ebay did not...
                              Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                              Kirk's visor is East German. No bottom piping.

Comment

Hogan's Heroes

Carter
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X