• Show
Clear All

Well,a lot of nice hats,this is another of my favorites

Cheers
    Emilio
    Attached Files

Comment

Emilio,

Absolutely stunning SS officers overseas cap. I love the soutache application...its not unusual to see it with the three loops, but often the loops are usually in dark thread and the loops executed in white thread to match the soutache makes it that much nicer. If you ever tire of it please keep me in mind. All flatwire insignia is a nice desired touch too. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Richard P

Comment

Richard,thank you ,I'm glad you like it.I think I'll keep this one in my collection for a very long time

Cheers
        Emilio

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
          Not to rain on anyones parade, but I would have concerns about the insignia on both of the ss panzer beret's posted.
          No disrespect but obviously you haven't studied these
          __________________________________________________ _______________
          Cheers Steve

Comment

Wonderful/amazing head gear gentleman!!! I am still drooling over here in oahu. I would add my only infantry visor, but alas its back in minnesota hiding away with my other items for the next 3 years Please keep posting!! Matt

Comment

Steve,
              I guess we can agree to disagree. I have had known originals in hand of both the ss panzer and assualt gun beret versions. Have you?
              I have pictures of a number of these, and yes I have studied them.
              Yours does not match up with the known originals that I have seen. The skull on yours would not be what I would want to see. But, since you've removed the pictures, I guess you have decided not to allow for an open discussion. If you think yours is original, then I am happy for you.
              Doug

Comment

Gentlemen,

Well, I hope we can cheat a little here -- this actually came in two days ago. It's been in my collection before and sold -- and now safely back thanks to a good friend who bought it from me.

According to Gary Wilkins' book, it is the only Hermann Gollhofer he has seen that survived the war. I would sure enjoy seeing others if they are out there. Research soon on the officer. This came straight out of the woodwork, by the way.

Mike
                Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                    Steve,
                    I guess we can agree to disagree. I have had known originals in hand of both the ss panzer and assualt gun beret versions. Have you?
                    I have pictures of a number of these, and yes I have studied them.
                    Yours does not match up with the known originals that I have seen. The skull on yours would not be what I would want to see. But, since you've removed the pictures, I guess you have decided not to allow for an open discussion. If you think yours is original, then I am happy for you.
                    Doug
                    Doug,I would like to see the originals in your collection(front & back),so why don't you start a new thread?
                    __________________________________________________ ____________
                    Cheers Steve

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

I started a thread about a week ago but he chose not to add any of his "knowledge" on the topic.All he did was muck up a great thread with some piss-poor comments.A quick perusal of his previous posts in ss insignia is all one needs to know about "knowledge"
                    __________________________________________________ _____________
                    Cheers Steve
                    Last edited by SJP; 01-19-2008, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Steve,
                      Did I say that I have an original ss panzer beret in my collection?
                      I believe that there are only a handful (less than five or so) that all experts would agree are original.
                      I did say that I have examined originals of both the black ss panzer beret and the grey/green ss assault gunner beret in hand. The eagles and skulls were consistent on the ones that I have handled and did not match yours. Thus, my comment that I would not be comfortable with the insignia on yours. I have also seen a few skulls like the one on your beret, both on berets and loose. All claiming to be originals.
                      Like I said.... if you believe that yours is original, then I am happy for you.
                      Doug

Comment

SS Panzer Beret?

There are maybe 5 known in the world and the last one that was for sale fetched over 30k. And that was on the cheap. If color piped SS Visors make the collector nervous these should have you breaking out in Hives. A very rare bird indeed. Sehr selten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Heuer View Post
                          Gentlemen,

Well, I hope we can cheat a little here -- this actually came in two days ago. It's been in my collection before and sold -- and now safely back thanks to a good friend who bought it from me.

According to Gary Wilkins' book, it is the only Hermann Gollhofer he has seen that survived the war. I would sure enjoy seeing others if they are out there. Research soon on the officer. This came straight out of the woodwork, by the way.

Mike
                          Mike--one of the best Gebirgs I have seen! Gollhofer pops up somewhat occasionally--but mostly on my fave, the Zivilmutzen. Choice cap!
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is a copper brown piped panzer EM overseas cap that came with the piped recon wrapper I got this year.

Doug O,

I continued our discussion on SS panzer beret insignia over on the Tony Barto SS forum. Thanks for your input and email.

Richard P
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Heuer View Post
                              Gentlemen,

Mike

Mike,

That is a superb visor. I am glad to see that you have re-liberated this tremendous schirmmutze,

MIKE

Comment

Richard, that is one awesome o/s cap. You have my e-mail. Jacques

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                                Here is a copper brown piped panzer EM overseas cap that came with the piped recon wrapper I got this year.

Doug O,

I continued our discussion on SS panzer beret insignia over on the Tony Barto SS forum. Thanks for your input and email.

Richard P

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X