Show Your Favorite Hat of 2007!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickG View Post
    The silk topped Altes Model is a neat example of an exotic non text book cap!
    Well here's another one (not in my collection, but I did view it in 2007 and worth sharing, as its my favorite hat of 2007!!)
    A LEATHER infantry overseas cap!!! Why not? Would look great with a Leather overcoat!!! Source: on display at the La Gleize museum,Ardennes
    ...I sold this cap to the museum, it's real and stunning!
    Pieter.
    SUUM CUIQUE ...
    sigpic

Comment

very nice

Richard-

2007 was VERY, VERY good to you.

AZ

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
      Sayle F,

I am now...the cap was just the top part, everything underneath was with it too.

Richard P

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen View Post
        ...I sold this cap to the museum, it's real and stunning!
        Pieter.
        Wow Pieter...that leather Overseas cap... I would have kept it! Try finding another one like that! Nick

Comment

A lot nice pieces Best wishes for the new year.
          __________________________________________________ ____________
          Cheers Steve
          Last edited by SJP; 01-01-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

This is as close to an SS beret as I was able to come this year. Too bad the vet didn't keep the whole thing instead of hacking out a chunk with the insignia, but a piece is better than nothing. The whole piece still forms the beret shape when set flat.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to everyone for showing such great caps - I saw here things I didn´t even know existed...

Good collecting luck for everyone in 2008!

Jack

Comment

Not to rain on anyones parade, but I would have concerns about the insignia on both of the ss panzer beret's posted.

Comment

Doug,

I will only address my own posting. With respect, I disagree about the insignia on my piece. This is not the silver gray version, but the off white embroidery version. My set is identical to a number of them published in various SS insignia and headgear books. The skulls are almost never exactly the same as they were hand-machine embroidered individually ( at least thats what I read in one of the books) and observation bears this out. I have compared mine in person with other known original examples and found the eagle to be exact and the skull with slight variations. The silver gray versions have a number of subtle differences from the off white type.

There are a number of rather good fakes, most of which I have photos of and they do not compare to mine except at a casual glance and in digital photos. They have made several tiny mistakes on the really good ones. I have seen the loose fake insignia sell and I have seen the same mounted on original berets, but that is up to the owners to do their own extensive insignia research as I did at one time. Mine also happed to be attached to a real piece of assault gun beret cover which photos of the entire piece clearly show.

Richard P

Comment

I was in the 19th Engineer Bn , 3rd Div, got this hat 25 years ago

Comment

Pioneer

Comment

At Long Last - My Favorite

Bears posting again. After many long years of searching my M43 Panzer cap identified to a panzertruppe in the 1st Panzer Division.
                        Attached Files

Comment

My first and only visor. Was able to do some extra research with it too which was really cool!

Cheers
                          Rob

Comment

Some very astounding pieces have been added to collections during 2007. The standouts for me are BenVK's SS Panzer em/nco schirmutze at post #58 and the Infantry crusher belonging to Jacquesf at post #9.

I only added one piece of cloth headgear to the collection in 2007 but it was well worth it. It is a 1940 dated, Lago made tropical field cap with soutache removed. I'm not worried about the lack of soutache because how many 1940 dated examples are around.

I hope you like it nearly as much as I do.

Mark
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here are the interior markings for those who are curious.

Mark
                              Attached Files

Comment

It's very hard to choose, as 2007 was a very good year for my headgear collection. I would say that my ss panzer visor was the best item I purchased in 2007, followed closely by a few others that I will post for your viewing pleasure....
                                Doug
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X