Mystery Schellenberg Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Schellenberg Visor

This was brought to my attention by another member--its on ebay right now, and is identified as a Diplomats hat, which it is not.

I think I probably had too many beers at the Van Halen concert last nite, and I am just missing the obvious with my fogged brain.

It has a black wool band, white piping, and a blue wool top. Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Its had a lot of insignia over the years---some of it glued on:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Yes, that is a Forestry NCO wreath:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Sb--looks Alkor, and standard Schellenberg:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Under the hood--extra hole in the pasteboard, and the pasteboard looks white?:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Logo:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hope the gig was good Chris

That sweatband looks right as rain for the ersatz Schellenberg type, stiff as concrete when old and the white padding behind the front looks right also.

Odd colour combo though.. but all the same, grey, no hotchpotch of colour splash, could be a good one, whatever that one is.

Comment

I don’t know what it is either but the construction in certainly correct for a Schellenberg.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that I wasn't losing it--JT, the concert was phenomenal--Eddie Van Halen was just as good as he was in '84, and him and David Lee Roth were actually getting along--if they come to Merry Ole England for their tour, I definately recommend you catch the show.

(BTW, Saturdays concert was a Burt Bacharach play with the wife--talk about one extreme to the other!)
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I too saw this one and I am very miffed as well. Interior and exterior look period to me, but wouldn't have the first clue as to what it originally started as.
                    But as weird as it might sound, I kinda like it.

maybe TENO?

Gebirgsjäger

Comment

Maybe RLB???

Comment

Good guesses, guys, but RLB used silver piping for officers, and lilac for OR.

Teno didn't use any colored piping for the lower ranks, and used silver as well for the nco/officer ranks. It isn't forestry-related, nor is it diplo....
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Well then, what the hell is it!!!!!

Gebirgsjäger

Comment

I don't know about you guys but a never seen a gold schellenberg logo before normaly apear in black,red or silver,also I don't like the color combo inside.correct me is I wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jarkis88 View Post
                              I don't know about you guys but a never seen a gold schellenberg logo before normaly apear in black,red or silver,also I don't like the color combo inside.correct me is I wrong.
                              There is always time for a first. All Grey inside appear often in GA Hoffman's.

This inside has the very distinctive schellenberg ersatz sweatband which, although grey, is the same as many others I have handled and as far as I am aware, this type was only used by Schellenberg.

I like the inside. If there was any other interior materials in other colours I would not. Just beats the hell out of me to what it actually is.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X