No announcement yet.

Ebay Fakes of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The political visor went for 1,028--funny how bidding slowed once this thread started.

There were 2 SS's on there this morning, and one had a buy it now for $4000--I don't see it now, so it must have sold--here is the logo on it--anyone seen this logo before-- Rud. Oskar Herrmann of Annaberg
    (I'm sure the lining was real....couldn't vouch for the rest of the hat!)
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Sorry, no confirmed records (in my files) about this maker

Comment

This has a price of $3700-- note the lack of overhang, and the shade of Bahnschutz blue:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Under the hood of the above fake--do I see some opened pleats?!:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here's another Schellenberg--this is the fakers choice of label of late:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior of above hat:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Stonemint. Interesting post. I just received this very same hat (the Rud Oskar Herrmann Annaberg) as a consignment item. I explained to the consignor that maker-marked SS Officer visors are a speculative item, of course. The funny thing is that it came with insignia. Here are photos of the item in question.
                Attached Files

Comment

Another picture.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another. It should be onted that the black band is very tight, and not dark blue at all.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The crown piping is thicker than the body piping.
                      Attached Files

Comment

More shots.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another shot.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Interior is identical. My summary analysis of some elements of the visor: the insignia that are on the hat now, are good. The visor also shows no visible extra holes, from where it was taken apart from a conversion. The main thing I don't like is that the sweat diamond is off center, with the back corner actually UNDER the back of the hat. This for me is not a positive sign, and is the only "red flag" that I have a real problem with, other than it being manufacturer marked, which always causes me to look deeper.

Comment

Craig IMO from what I see you have a rebuilt cap here. Take a look at how wavy the cap band is. If I am correct the lining you are referring to is the one in post #16. That is a civil lining. It would never be seen on a private purchase SS nor a contract W-SS visor.

Comment

It's actually the same lining one finds on the interior of an NCO grade Allgemeine SS visor, or another army NCO visor - that red semi-impermiable lining. You find it occasionally in Kepis (albeit a slightly different color). While I do not have a conceptual problem with uneven piping (I've seen it on period examples) the killer for me is the position of the sweat diamond. It's in the back of the hat, and that is a mistake most likely caused by the re-use of a liner from a donor hat, which was too small or incorrectly shaped. Assiming it's a conversion (something I believe that it is) performed this conversion did an excellent job, otherwise.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X