Ebay Fakes of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
    It's actually the same lining one finds on the interior of an NCO grade Allgemeine SS visor, or another army NCO visor -
    For W-SS or Heer the contract linings had no makers marks other than size. So if the one you posted has a makers name, that is enough for me. There are no known authentic examples of W-SS or Heer contract caps with a makers logo.

Comment

Moustachio fake Deschler skull too .... thought you'd recognise that Craig ? Not much 'speculative' about that.

Ian.

Comment

Ian, although it doesn't matter to me (because the item is not mine) I vetted the insignia with one of the hobby's finest (via email, admittedly) and they liked the insignia. Feel free to discuss, but I don't have a dog in this fight. Likely this was an Infantry NCO visor in its earlier days.

Comment

Craig if this is the logo in this cap no need to bother. It is bad! No and I mean no W-SS contract visor had makers marks, period. This logo is from a civil lining. This is a huge red flag as there has NEVER been an authentic W-SS contract visor with a maker marked shield that I know of. The contract linings for Heer & SS were blank or size marked only. If some one can post a visor to prove different I would love to see that one. Not to mention is has a velvet band. No way, no how, sorry.
          Attached Files

Comment

No, you misunderstand. I agree with you on the visor. It's the skull I was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
              No, you misunderstand. I agree with you on the visor. It's the skull I was talking about.
              oops sorry

Comment

Yeeech

That hat looks like I made it.

Comment

Definitely not a cap I would care to have in my collection. But the maker, of the lining anyway, is legitimate. Enorepap for your files it is:
                  Rudolf Oskar Herrmann of 22 Buchholzerstr., Annaberg (krs. Torgau). RZM NO: A2/493.
                  Derek

Comment

SS insignia

I don't know who you showed those insignia to Craig but they are both Fakes, eagle & skull I assure you.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Sayle F; 01-15-2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Ahem

Well here is my Color Piped SS Visor. Oh yeah it's real. Notice the difference between this Visor and the one posted by Gottlieb?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sayle F View Post
                        I don't know who you showed those insignia to Craig but they are both Fakes, eagle & skull I assure you.
                        Is it just me that finds it disturbing that given Craig's occupation he (and his 'one of the hobby's finest' insignia 'expert' ) couldn't spot the moustachio fake ..... surely it's one of the easiest, not being accurately moulded from an original .... and furthermore that he's not acknowledged the fact either

Ian.

Comment

Ian

Bothersome? Oh, it has not escaped my notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                            Is it just me that finds it disturbing that given Craig's occupation he (and his 'one of the hobby's finest' insignia 'expert' ) couldn't spot the moustachio fake ..... surely it's one of the easiest, not being accurately moulded from an original .... and furthermore that he's not acknowledged the fact either

Ian.
                            this particular dealer and his 'used car' sales approach is becoming laughable, almost embarrassing...(the deliberate and calculated overstatement found in almost every description of his items)...it seems every post made by this dealer of late is defending a questionable piece that was recently sold by him...for the premiums charged and endless self-promotion, one would expect at the very least a minimal level of 'expertise'....

Comment

Then I am sure you guys will get a kick out of this.

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/data/in...rman+Militaria

Comment

I notice this one is back on ebay!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X