No announcement yet.

Mint M43 on Estand - Up For Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appretiate the approach taken by Jeff. More members should get involved in monitoring the e-stand, it provides a valuable learning experience and make the e-stand a safer place to trade on.

Personally I think the cap in question is a very nice example, but valuable points re m43 caps have been raised. jacques

Comment

If I may say something as the current owner of the cap and the images posted above. First of all, I will let anyonme make up their own opinion on the cap.

Most Norwegian collectors will immediately know which lot this cap came out of and the history behind these unissued M43 caps that were found in Norway a few years ago. It is hard for most Americans to imagine that you can actually find boxes of mint unissued German wartime items even today.

Second, for a third party to start a "discussion" on an item that is sold and no longer available is in my opinion distasteful and should be avoided. The reason being that this will allow an interested buyer who "missed" the item to spread doubt about it and thus derail the sale. I have seen many very good original items being "discussed" to the point where they in essence receive the "kiss of death" for the only reason one stubborn individual feel an urge to discuss other peoples stuff.

I also think it is bad courtesy to start a discussion on an item which is owned by another private individual without this individuals consent. Although it appears on e-stand, the guidelines for e-stand clearly states that only the Moderator of that e-stand forum may open a thread on an item listed for sale in the appropriate forum. If I had wanted this cap discussed or commented, I would have posted this discussion myself. Like I did on my Panzergrenader Visor. I would have appreciated a request first before this discussion was started.

As pointed out by others, the Buyer of course will be able to inspect himself upon receipt and may even choose to open a discussion here if he so chooses.

I hope I have not stepped on anyones toes here, but I think I have my rights to express this.

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
        I appretiate the approach taken by Jeff. More members should get involved in monitoring the e-stand, it provides a valuable learning experience and make the e-stand a safer place to trade on.

Personally I think the cap in question is a very nice example, but valuable points re m43 caps have been raised. jacques
        To add to my earlier statement and based on what Eric said, common courtesy towards the seller should prevail whenever an items is identified for discussion. If it is raised in a proffesional and respectful manner all will gain from it. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by erikofnorway View Post
          Although it appears on e-stand, the guidelines for e-stand clearly states that only the Moderator of that e-stand forum may open a thread on an item listed for sale in the appropriate forum.

Erik
          I don't find this guideline. I do find this one:

"It is stated on the e-stand rules that if an item is posted for sale said item may be discussed, thus this is the proper course of action. A link to the discussion may be posted on the for sale thread at the discretion of the moderator."

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
            I don't find this guideline. I do find this one:

"It is stated on the e-stand rules that if an item is posted for sale said item may be discussed, thus this is the proper course of action. A link to the discussion may be posted on the for sale thread at the discretion of the moderator."
            The item was no longer for sale when this thread was started, which was clearly stated on e-stand. Nor is it for sale now.

Erik

Comment

I like this hat too,in fact I am the one who purchased it.

Can't explain the T insignia folded as a trapazoid with the visible stitch line across the top (it looks believable) perhaps the way the factory worker choose to apply it,or perhaps just fast factory production,I don't know really.

Looking forward to seeing it Erik..

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

If you don't like it Glenn, I think you have my address.

Comment

Here's mine:

http://members.aol.com/soldaten/mb_m43.jpg
                  http://members.aol.com/soldaten/mb_m43a.jpg

Mike Bollow

Comment

Forgot about this one I have on a officers M43.

Glenn
                    Attached Files
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Glenn its a beautiful hat. The insignia certainly looks period applied to me.WR Jim

Comment

Any thoughts on my M43 lads??

MB

Comment

This comment is directed at NO ONE personally so dont bothered or annoyed..happy firday the 13th..
                          My only observation other than I didnt see anything not original about the cap to me IS THIS..As Erik said ..the "kiss of death" negative opinion can doom an original item whether the nay sayer has a great working knowledge OR just a big mouth and/or an ax to grind or a soapbox to stand on.. Not every original item is what collectors have established as TEXTBOOK critera.. But BUY outside the book norm at your own risk when its time to sell it..So many collectors are book learned only and have not been able to make a qualified observation from seeing many original items..Best to All!! Billbert

Comment

MB
                            from the 2 fotos ..
                            Outside looked A OK to me
                            Inside MIGHT be A OK
                            hard to tell from fotos..Billbert

Comment

Well said Billbert.

And Glenn will be very happy......Guaranteed!!!!

Erik

www.frontkjemper.com

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                                MB
                                from the 2 fotos ..
                                Outside looked A OK to me
                                Inside MIGHT be A OK
                                hard to tell from fotos..Billbert
                                Thanks Billbert... you are always good to me!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X