• Show
Clear All

Interior: notice the threads...
    Attached Files

Comment

Under the sweatband
      Attached Files

Comment

Not exactly what you would expect to see, but...

Air Force summer visor:

Army summer visor:

The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Outstanding Theo - can I assume that those are Imperial german visors?

Comment

Originally posted by derek
            Thanks for the great close-up Mark,
            The only reason I asked was that the cap inscription for the Marine Bund was supposed to have been "Die vorschriftsmaessige Muetze des NSDMB, ges.geschuetzt". The inscription in your cap is the one for the caps worn by the Soldatenbund. All of these organisations were supposed to have been rolled into the Deutscher Reichskriegerbund in 1938 but the Marine Bund seems to have somehow extricated itself from this edict.
            Derek
            Derek, I might be wrong but, in my mind, the ‘Marine-Bund’ veteran’s organization was a part of the general Soldatenbund (just notice the identical eagle design). For that reason, I a not surprised to see the standard and basic “Die vorschriftmässige Mütze des Soldatenbundes”-marking on a Marine-Bund Schirmmütze.
            It is possible that regulations stated that Marine-Bund caps had to be marked “Die vorschriftmässige Mütze des NSDMB” and it would be interesting to see such a marking. Maybe someone could post some examples in a new thread dedicated to veteran’s headdress ?

In addition, note that the discussed cap was not fully made ‘according to regulations’ as the cap band is not in black ribbed mohair but dark blue badge cloth !? Such inconsistencies are an example of the eternal conflict between theory and practice, regulations and reality !

Anyway, Derek, it was an interesting observation you made.

Best,
            Mark

Comment

Now let’s get back to more familiar summer caps and here I would like to confess that I also like Luftwaffe officer’s Sommermützen :
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lignemaginot
                Outstanding Theo - can I assume that those are Imperial german visors?
                Thanks! Actually those are WW2 hats of Kingdom Bulgaria. A bit out of Germany, but still Axis
                The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X