No announcement yet.

Luft tropical overseas cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about this one? I do not own this cap, thought would be of interest, I scrubbed out some of the marking just incase..
    Attached Files

Comment

1940 dated Berolina
      Attached Files

Comment

front
        Attached Files

Comment

stamp
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, i have this nice cap on hold and thought to get your feedback too.
            Everything looks ok? Any info on the maker would be greatly appreciated.
            Cheers
            Attached Files
            sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last ones
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks like a nice Tobbens made cap with removed insignia,a harder to find manufacturer IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav 43 View Post
                      looks like a nice Tobbens made cap with removed insignia,a harder to find manufacturer IMO
                      Thanks for the reply Gustav

Comment

Indeed, a nice Tobbens
                        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanks for your reply Gene

Comment

Hey Guys,

In searching for more information about the manufacturor BEROLINA, I ended up in this thread.
                            What's been said here about the tropical cap stamps is very intetesting, because my interest goes to tropical.

So when I take all the opinions and thoughts about how the BEROLINA cap should be, I can conclude this:
                            - The BEROLINA stamp with the correct "9" as mentioned before is the most trusted one.
                            - Birro/pencil is a not to be trusted way to represent the size.
                            - The wrong "9" stamped caps are all dated 1942
                            - The wrong "9" stamped caps are all faded in the same way

What I also saw and concluded by myself from this thread, other threads, and sellers is that the "not to be trusted by the stamp" caps all have the same structure:
                            - They al have the same bright tan color
                            - The cap eagle is also the same (very light washed orange backing, couldn't find a better way to express the color )
                            - The eagles are attatched at the same way (this is likely less important)
                            - And the distance between the eagle and the top of the cap is a little bit larger than other caps, even from BEROLINA'S whit the right "9".

I say again, it's just my opinion and this could just be possible.
                            So don't shoot me if I'm wrong

Regards,
                            Yannick

Comment

Ack, these Berolina stamps are maddening... Gene, what do you think of this one. Compares to some not to others. 1941.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here's the eaglet on the BEROLINA cap.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X