No announcement yet.

Luft tropical overseas cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It reminds me of a very similar Berolina marking on a suspicious LW tropical overseas cap - officer field upgraded,this cap was offered on a big dealer site last week and is no more there.....IMO very similar,if not the very same cap John is speaking about.
    Best,
    Gustav

Comment

The Weitze one, with bullion insignia? A fellow collector asked me about what I thought of it, and I said that my two officer Berolina caps (tropical and HG) have EM eagles and blue backed EM cockades. I haven't seen or handled a Berolina officer cap with bullion insignia.
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

more pics of the cap from the dealer in question..
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The cap appears unworn - clean on the inside, no sweat marks. The insignia are bullion, hand stitched, not through to the lining. The upper part of the wings on the eagle are brighter bullion to the rest of the bird. The silver piping is on a blue binding stitched from the inside of the flap. Interested to know (obviously) the outcome on this cap

From the known originals shown It seems that the maker stampings dated 1941 have different lettering positioning within the stamp from other stamps from other years, so new stamps were made for each year, with slight differences in the fonts and letter positions within the stamp - just my obs so far.
              Last edited by Harry; 02-14-2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

The "9" appears even more top heavy in that last photo.

Ian

Comment

....a closer shot on the stamp...
                  Attached Files

Comment

any other particular views required to aid the investigation?

Comment

It has a white visor eagle sewn on ..

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                        It has a white visor eagle sewn on ..

Jos.
                        Jos, I thought about this too....the backing is a definite tan colour (a little faded around the edges) and the highlight thread is tan in colour rather than grey as seen on the white visor eagles. The eagle pattern is the earlier droop-tail pattern
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Harry; 02-15-2012, 02:48 AM.

Comment

I queried this one with one of the mods on the FJ forum, and the comment that came back wasn't in favour of this one being genuine.....

Bob

Comment

Here is a typical WWII period "upgraded" side cap, one which is well within my comfort zone. The third row of stitching which secures the officer's piping is visible over the top row of the double stitch at the fold.
                            Attached Files
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

What would you think of this " upgraded " one ? The piping is stitched by hand with the same thread as used on the cap ( Transferstelle W .)
                              Attached Files

Comment

I would say it is a field upgrade if good; my Transferstelle Warschau example has different piping which I believe to be the correct type.
                                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X