image.jpeg

Comment

JP Redeuilh buckle
      image.jpeg

Comment

From my collection
        image.jpg

Comment

Here we go! You finally recalled what I wrote in 2005 when poor cast fakes were no longer made but replaced by quality casts. One of the constant distinctive features of a cast fake, older or newer generation, was that the post sleeve assembly was their weaker part. They do not cast that part, they create it. In 2001 I was writing articles about the lack of "crunch" or typical crimping marks on the fake's post sleeves. Fakers took notice then this crunch appeared. But that was it. Even by 2005 newer "crunched" post sleeves where the same one fitting a fake 36/39, a 36/40 and any 822/37 or 38 to name a few. When a faker modify a production, this modification is visible on many buckles/markings. This is no the norm on originals.

So now Please allow me to finish this thread with the following recommendations:
          - Don't go too fast in your assessment
          - Think about time frame of the fake production and evolution
          - Compare two buckles using the exact same three or more buckles not just one.
          - Wait until you find the evidence before given a call: it is maybe not so important to you but you are playing with someone else money
          - If someone is lazy and do not want to supply additional information to your investigation, ignore him/her

LAST pay great attention to poster's credential before accepting his/her judgement! There is more and more leeches (yes this is how I call them) who are posting their verdict only when a reliable one was already posted. They usually do not know a damn about many things but they want you to believe they do. Doing so it just increase their own number of (useless) post to appear as a respected contributor. Be extremely careful with this kind of person/behavior. They are easy to spot: as soon as a true respected member provided his opinion their call is flourishing like flowers during spring: "Good unpainted", "Good having seen action", "Salty worn having seen action" or any kind of hollow assessment. Those people are just empty shells...At least on this thread I did not notice any, which was a blessing!!

Good day Guys!
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X