[ATTACH]4539310[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]4539311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4539312[/ATTACH]

Comment

"Former" JP collection . Thanks Ivan.

Dan, Jack??
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

I didn't like the bubbles like in post 17 and prongs seem to be cast too instead of being drawn wire. If I am wrong in my judgement, I apologize, but it is my observation.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
              I didn't like the bubbles like in post 17 and prongs seem to be cast too instead of being drawn wire. If I am wrong in my judgement, I apologize, but it is my observation.

Jack
              Renains Dan...
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh
              All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Sorry guys - I have been celebrating my KC Chiefs win over the Houston Texans.

The buckle, from the photos posted, did look to be a cast fake in color. In addition and to what has already been stated, the bubbling effect seen throughout the buckle was also prominent enough to doubt cast on originality. I also looked at the "822" of this buckle and felt that both the "2's" looked top heavy, not like the same as my Type 3. My opinions were made with no more than a 60 second look at the 2 buckle photos submitted with no in depth view or analysis.

Still stand by my quick comments whether right or wrong. As Chris stated, it is a very salty piece which at times can make photographic evidence somewhat difficult. Bob did proper by bringing it this forum and he received various opinions. If I am wrong then I apologize to only Bob but at least he received my honest opinion.

Comment

Thank You Ivan, Dan & Jack for your collaboration. I believe it is time now to refresh a bit what we have to look when we are dealing with a cast fake and/or an original.

Let's start with this buckle: Original or fake?
                  Attached Files
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Original

Comment

Thanks Ivan for your collaboration. Before going further I would like more participating members.
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

It is like Walking on a minefield

To be honest i advise
                        For me it is too good to be true.

IMHO it is a high end fake.

Best
                        Schorschi

Comment

Anybody else wants to learn? We are all humans and there is absolutely no shame to sometimes making an error of judgement. This is how we learn: from our mistakes. Ignoring them is just going to fell deeper later...
                          So, once again to any advanced collector, is the above an original or a fake?
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

If I look at my 36/38, the markings on the one you show are perfectly stamped in comparison to my mint buckle.

Comment

Thank You Dan. So would you say Original or fake?

Anybody else? Don't be shy guys, I am not going to bite. If you want to learn you have to show a bit of effort...
                              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

I'll put my hands up and say i have absolutely no idea,so i'm watching this with interest

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X