• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Wings (Named by Blazej). Almost square buckle & short wings eagle
    Unmarked Short Wings
    Attached Files
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

NOTE: The above buckle is, so far, unique (meaning I personally know only one example). I took those pictures when I had this buckle in my hands sent by Blazej. Blazej certified me it was ground dug in Poland and post/post-sleeve/prongs been replaced (there was none when found). I have no reason to do not believe him and, so far, I was not able to relate this buckle to any other one previously known.

Since Blazej is also selling some of his collection maybe this buckle is for sale. His own website is http://bp-militaria.pl/
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Scroll (Named by JP Redeuilh). Right Scroll is very next to exclamation point
        Unmarked Scroll
        Attached Files
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

NOTE: The above buckle is also, so far, unique (meaning I personally know only one example). All pictures from this buckle where sent to me by Blazej. Blazej certified me it was ground dug in Poland. Since he always has been a personal friend and a trusted person, I do not have any reason to do not believe him. So far, I was not able to relate this buckle to any other one previously known. At first sight similar to the "fat eagle" but enough differences when we start to pay close attention.
          And that one is FLAT and taller (see below pictures from Blazej as well

NOTE 2: This buckle is available on Blazej's website at http://bp-militaria.pl/
          Attached Files
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Please read next Thread "SS Buckles to collect: The ultimate list comments"
            Thanks
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Long feathers Neck (Named by JP Redeuilh). Very long feathers on neck.
              Unmarked Long feathers Neck
              Pictures are mine but buckle was sold to your moderator
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 02-01-2020, 05:28 AM.
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Twin Over (Named by JP Redeuilh). Almost identical to an Overhoff buckle
                Unmarked Twin Over (...hoff)

Buckle and pictures are from Kirby (Klr on this Forum) since the buckle I had in hands and which I took myself pictures was a ground dug example.
                Attached Files
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Twin Over (Named by JP Redeuilh). Almost identical to an Overhoff buckle
                  Ges.Gesch. Marked Twin Over (...Hoff)

Pictures are mine but buckle was sold to your Moderator
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 11-20-2019, 09:52 AM.
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Rotated Swastika Maker 1
                    Unmarked Rotated Swastika Maker 1

Those pictures showing a stone mint buckle are coming from Trave-Militaria since this seller was lucky to find and sell not only one, but 4 mint buckles of this kind not too long ago. They were later transferred to me for my pictorial database by a German friend.
                    Attached Files
                    Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

... and that one showing an easier to see close up of the eagle design made by this maker was taken by your moderator. The above buckle also belongs to him.
                      Attached Files
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

NOTE: The above variant is the most common of all SS buckles with rotated swastika. I personally have records and pictures of 15 of them in various conditions in different collections.
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Rotated Swastika Maker 2
                          Unmarked Rotated Swastika Maker 2
                          That one been the scarcest of the two. To whoever wanting to have a clue about quickly distinguishing the two variants, Maker 1 (above) has a visible rope behind the eagle's head when Maker 2 (below) has none.
                          NOTE: I do not and never owned this kind of buckle. So I cannot use my own pictures. I am using instead pictures taken and sent to me by the former owner of this buckle, Marc Verstraete.
                          Attached Files
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Twin Rotated Swastika Maker 1
                            Unmarked

Looks almost the same as "Rotated Swastika Maker 1" but with straight swastika. Maybe the same maker made both. I call it "Twin Rotated Swastika Maker 1" for this reason.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 11-21-2019, 02:15 PM.
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Russian 0219
                              Unmarked

Named first "February 2019 Unmarked" to refer when this example was revealed, I then changed its name to make it more "Exotic"
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 11-21-2019, 02:23 PM.
                              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

GZM (Made only in Danzig. Probably by R.Reich)
                                Early Marking (GZD 7)

Few yars ago, Piotr from Poland was kind to send me evidence that this exact marking had letter G standing for Gauleitung and letter D standing for Danzig. What was standing for the letter Z was invisible. Based on this input, a well known and respected documentalist think that GZD could stand for GZD – Gauleitung, so the Gau-Zeugmeisterei Danzig from the Danzig Gauleitung.

The number 7 meaning is still to discover but it is attached to this exact maker for the manufacture of several of those exact buckles.

I personally know two of those buckles bearing this exact same marking (GZM 7) with one been a ground dug example. But several items, not only SS related, are bearing this GZD logo

The pictures as well as the buckle at the period those pictures were taken belongs to Stéphane in France.
                                Attached Files
                                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X